Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    New forum features: "Unanswered" and "My Posts"
    I just wanted to call to your attention a couple of small, but important new forum features available now on your navigation bar:

The "Unanswered" button will show all recent threads/discussions where there have been no replies. For those that enjoy helping others, this will help you to identify questions that have gone unanswered.

Secondly, we've also added a new "My Posts" button that will show all recent threads you've participated in. While it has always been possible to view your most recently subscribed discussions in the User CP ("Profile" button for those of you using the older skin), this button makes accessing your most recent posts especially easy.

Thanks go to I.M.O.G. and Raz0rEdge who identified and addressed this need.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Good ideas there!

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Anyone else got issues on iPad and iPhone now?

I seem to be stuck on a read only mobile skin, tried changing in profile and going to full site but it just reverts to the r/o mobile skin when I go into a thread
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    @MrPlow, yes the admins are addressing the issues with the iPad now. It should pointing to the full site on iPad..but on phones, we will most likely have the read-only mobile version..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Bit of a shame for the phone but thanks.

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    I just checked on my iPhone and it does default to the mobile read-only version, but if you scroll down to the bottom, there is a link for "Full Site" that you can use to get to the regular site..

You can also bookmark "http://www.mac-forums.com/?m=off" to always get the full site..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    It goes to the full site, until you go into a thread..... Then it's back to read-only for me

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    cwa107 reported this issue to the devs yesterday, so they have a heads up about it already.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Does not appear. Is this applicable only to the new format a I have opted for older style?
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    @Harry:

You have to use the newer skin to gain access to the options that Chris pointed out. You can actually switch back and forth if you like; that way you can have the best of both worlds. That's what I do since I'm more accustomed to the older skin and can navigate the forums faster and answer more posts.

On my iPad I prefer the older skin as it gives me a wider view with easier navigation. (Sorry mrplow, I don't own an iPhone.)

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Thanks for those. I use them from time to time in other Mac forums.

I have sometimes wished for a direct link to the Last Reputation Received area without having to go to the user Control Panel. Until I got in the habit of checking that way periodically some of the reputation comments went unnoticed by me for weeks. Sometimes it's nice to know when another member has found a post particularly helpful.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    MacMini Late 2014, OS 10.10.4, 2.6GB i5, 16GB ram, 1TB HDD
    Yes! I've been using Advanced Search to find my posts and see if anything new has been posted to the threads. Thanks much for the new convenience.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Does not appear. Is this applicable only to the new format a I have opted for older style?
    Yep. All of our development work is focused on the new style.

I'm so used to the new, I often forget there's folks still using the old.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thanks every one.

I've been having some issues this morning with links from vbulletin emails and links to individual threads not opening.The threads are there ok when I click on the forum link and then click on the thread link but not opening when I go direct so to speak. Anyone else having the same problem?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Yep. All of our development work is focused on the new style.

I'm so used to the new, I often forget there's folks still using the old.
    It would be nice to incorporate some of the updates in the old style (I'm one of the holdouts too as I continue to have problems reading with the new--though it seems to be getting better or I'm getting used to it).
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information