New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

Important News Regarding our Community Leader, Schweb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

I've been gone for a while. Sad to see this. Only talked to Schweb a few times but it is always sad to hear about something passing.

Rest in peace Schweb.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

Wow, too busy this summer to be on the forum and come back and read this. I am shocked and saddened. This forum will never be the same. It has lost it's Leader. One who was always there to help someone out with his vast knowlege.
RIP Bryan 'Schweb', you are missed And my condolences to Bryan's family.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I passed along this thread to schweb's mother just last week, so that all of you could be heard by his family. She said all the comments were very uplifting and amazed by how he affected people.

I was a very close friend to schweb and visited him in Cleveland as I live less than two hours away from him. I actually visited him the last week he was with us, then a couple of days later I got a phone call about his state and the rest that followed that night. I will always be proud to call him my personal friend.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Not a problem my friend and thanks for showing this to his family. Take care!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Thanks for sharing it with her iWhat, and please wish her all of our best.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Thanks for sharing that for us.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
auburnmk

auburnmk is on a distinguished road

So sad to hear about this sudden event.. I'm too new to this forum to have known Schweb, but I feel for his family's loss nonetheless. Glad to know his mother knows how many lives he he touched in this and other communities.

I'm sure he's in a better place......Godspeed

Apple MacBook Pro 15 Core i5 2.53Ghz | 1680X1050 DISPLAY | 8GB DDR3 1066 |1 TB WD Scorpio Blue | WIN 7 PRO x64 BOOTCAMP/PARALLELS
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I am so very sad to have come back after more then a year away to be greeted with this saddest of news..
I didn't have a great deal of contact with our leader but what I did have was always positive ( even when getting a "what for" from him).
This will never be the same place again.....

My heart goes out to his family and those of you that were able to call him friend.
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac | 2.16 Ghz | 2 GB ram | 232.44 HD | OSX 10.4.11

I've been away from mac-forums for quite a while. I got my 'education' in Macs here and hearing that Schweb is gone is like finding out one of your impactful professors has passed. I didn't know him personally, but he did a great job keeping this place going and growing.

RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
nbrowser

nbrowser has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB

I too have been away for quite some time, my late condolences to the family, I've had a few reply posts here with him and he's always been gracious and educational where he had to be, he will be missed, rest in peace man.

nbrowser

This is a multiplatform home !
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Words can't express the emotions I felt when I opened this thread. RIP, you will be missed.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

My word. I feel like such a tool. I just found out about Schweb's passing. I don't know how I missed it. Either way, it's very sad news indeed.

QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Was just browsing the forums, and even though I've never heard Bryan's voice, I kind of "heard" it in my head just now and feelings of both happiness and sadness washed over me at the same time.

Just wanted to share that. Kind of ironic that Ghostshadow posted about his passing just yesterday. Maybe Bryan is lingering more than we know...

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
Magroglex

Magroglex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP

I've just arrived at this forum, but even a casual glance at some of Schweb's forums announced him as astute and attentive.

I've suffered family losses and one really never recovers and my very deep heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family. Our lives are shattered and it's a struggle to get one foot in front of the other. The universe can be a cold, lonely place. I am so sorry.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Member of the Month, July 2012 | OSX Lion Server Part 02 - Getting the Network Right »