New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

Important News Regarding our Community Leader, Schweb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Postoak

Postoak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5", 3.33Ghz Intel, 8Gb Ram, 1Tb HD, / White MacBook, 2.4Ghz Intel, 2Gb Ram, 160Gb HD

How sad! Schweb was the rock we all depended on here. God rest his soul and console his family.

Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

I'm sorry to hear of our loss. I haven't really been an active member here for years, but I have been online friends with Schweb since way back when mac-forums was first created. He was my first moderator. I have been keeping up with him on Facebook and Google+, quite often actually. I was wondering why there wasn't a ton of posts on Google+.

I'm extremely saddened by this, Schweb was such an amazing person. I've never known anyone like him, and I'm sure I never will again.

I'll be thinking about you man

emrys

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

RIP Schweb and my condolences to the family and sadly the forum is short a very knowledgeable person that will be missed.
QUOTE Thanks
ipadip

ipadip has a little shameless behaviour in the past

New to this forum,and sad to know this bad news of passing away RIP Schweb...
Heard his great contribution to this forum and his kind,gentle,amazing..
God bless his family and I will miss him too...
QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

This was not what I was expecting when I logged in after a lengthy hiatus. Schweb was really one of the most helpful and interesting members of this community.

Such a terrible loss, he will be missed.

QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

What dreadful news. I offer my condolences to his family at this very sad time.

I think we owe it to him to continue this Forum as his legacy to us all.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

My thoughts are with all his family and friends, and in particular those of you who knew him personally.
R.I.P. Bryan, you will certainly be missed, and not just here.
I am truly shocked.

(Thanks to Tattooedmac for letting me know by email, as I haven't been around in a while).

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

WOW!!

My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to his family and friends. Seems so sudden.
QUOTE Thanks
beamon

beamon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5 in. iMac i7 processor, 8 GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Mt. Lion 10.8.2

I appreciated his direct, no fooling around, answers as a new Mac user. Very distressing news.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I seemed to have missed this news.

Very sad, a great loss to us all. My condolences go out to all who knew him.

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I may not have been around much lately, but this news shook me to the core. Bryan and I may not have always seen eye-to-eye, but it was his direction and vision that created this amazing community. Hiss passing is a great loss to us all.

May he rest in peace.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
SammySlim

SammySlim is a jewel in the roughSammySlim is a jewel in the rough

How terribly sad - what he created here is practically unique among online computer forums in general. It's a terrible loss and my condolences to his family and friends... Rest in peace...
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Wow. This is awful news, nothing short of tragic.
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Wow, only just discovered this. How truly sad, may Schweb rest in peace.
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.1

That's really sad news. Please pass on my condolences.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010, WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen,ATV2, Samsung LE40 Series 6, Denon AVR1910, Kef HTS 1001.2s and Kube-1 Sub
Denon DCD510AE, Panasonic DMP-BD60,Sky+HD,Logitech Harmony One Advanced. MOTM October 2012.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Member of the Month, July 2012 | OSX Lion Server Part 02 - Getting the Network Right »