New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

Important News Regarding our Community Leader, Schweb

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iLove

iLove is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Always the newest iPad

Life is fragile, we all take it for granted , RIP
QUOTE Thanks
macuser1232

macuser1232 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram

God bless you Schweb. Even though i havent really talked to you before, from what ive heard you are a wonderful person. I thank you for starting this forum for all of us mac users to enjoy. These forums really help my life and everyone else's lives. R.I.P.
P.S. Macs rock!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Rest In Peace. You will be missed. My uncle randomly passed away from a "simple" brain tumor. This is like someone's twisting the knife in the wound. Never really healed.

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

This is such sad and terrible news. This Mac forum will not be the same without him. My condolences to his family and anyone who knew him. I hope he rests in peace.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.5 & iPad - iOS 5.1

This is very sad.
My condolences to his family and those who are close to him.

McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
PatM

PatM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina

I didn't know Bryan very well since I am new to this forum. But I can tell that he was very well liked and respected by many, many people on this forum as evidenced by these posts.

I want to give my condolences to his family and rest in the fact that he is in Gods hands now.

God Bless you Bryan!

Regards,

PatM

15 " 2013 MBP OS X Ver. 10.9.1 16 GB Memory, 500 GB SSD, Retina, 2.3 Ghz I7, 30GB IPhone 5, 2012 Mini Cooper JCW Coupe, 2014 Toyota Corolla, 2007 Trailblazer, 2 RC Planes, 1 fantastic wife who puts up with my toys. Still Married After 30 Years.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

Omg! I have been so busy with work that I missed this thread..

And although I have only been a member for one year I understood how important Schweb is/was to this community..

My regrets go out to his family and the members here that knew him on a more personal level
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

RIP Schweb..

Warmest condolences and well wishes to all affected by his passing

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

I audibly gasped when I read this. Bryan's approach to life was incredibly well-founded, and he was one of the handful of people I only became more thoroughly impressed by and grew to like better after each interaction. I wish his family all the strength they need to get through this.
QUOTE Thanks
Feniks80

Feniks80 is on a distinguished road

I didn't have the opportunity to talk to Schweb, he seem like a very straight-up and genuine guy. My condolences to his family and close friends.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'm clearly quite late to the news, but I wanted to pass on my appreciation for Schweb, everything he did for the board, and his patience with posters when they would inevitably put their foot in their mouths -- as I and others have certainly done.

Terrible news. He will be much missed here. My condolences to his family.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Only just seen this. Terribly sad news.

Clearly the man behind what I've always found to be the most welcoming and helpful community on the web.

My condolences to the family.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

Holy Crap!! talk about one moment to the next..

Maybe we should have a way to memorialize him here on the the form. Like name the News bot after his user id.

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

We've renamed "The Lounge" to "Schweb's Lounge" as a memorial to him.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

This is awful. So sudden. He was everywhere here.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Member of the Month, July 2012 | OSX Lion Server Part 02 - Getting the Network Right »