New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

Hurricane Katrina

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Everyone here at Mac-Forums.com would like to extend our deepest sympathies, our thoughts, and our prayers to all those affected by the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina.

Please take a moment and donate to one of the following charities to show your support of the relief efforts:
Also don't forget to check with your employers, schools, or other organizations to see if they offer matching funds.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Schweb, Apple users may also donate to the Red Cross through iTunes, using their iTunes account with Apple. Apple is sponsoring the page and 100% of the proceeds go to the Red Cross.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

i all ready donated through itunes
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Thanks for the info. A few things to consider when donating through iTunes:

- It's not tax deductible. Since you are not technically donating to the charity but rather to Apple who is passing on the money, you will not receive a proper IRS verifiable donation receipt. This of course is important for people who need to itemize their taxes.

- The only choice is The Red Cross who many not be everyone's favorite charity. Personally I don't care much for them, but I know many other people do. Above we've listed a few different ones to choose from.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
UncSki1218

schweb...thatnk you so much for mentioning this. it is so sad to see pictures of people down there. i know everyone on this site will try there best to help. p.s. is the avatar i have allowed...if not ill change it (oh and how do u actually become a moderator)
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

Thanks for the links. I already donated through the Episcopal relief fund.

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo
Schweb, Apple users may also donate to the Red Cross through iTunes, using their iTunes account with Apple. Apple is sponsoring the page and 100% of the proceeds go to the Red Cross.
To do that easily, the link is here (will launch iTunes.)
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Here's another one that I like to donate to: ADRA
QUOTE Thanks
johncpiercy

Ive seen a lotta stuff in my time
But these people in Nawlins , are getting the worst of it

One sons efforts to help his poor family in New Orleans neye:

http://operationeden.blogspot.com/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Section and Forums | MoTM: October 2005 »