New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

Spammer attack via PM and Profile page

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Just a heads up here as we seem to be getting more of these type spammers.

Instead of posting in the forum, they send their junk out via PM or post a Visitors message on a Profile page.

If you receive one of these PMs, let us know. We are more than happy to attempt stopping them dead in their tracks.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Thanks. Not seen one yet thankfully, but will let you know.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

What are they hoping that bc its in private that they wont be dobbed in . . . . . . . Good luck Mods. Looks like you have your work cut out for you

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Good to know. Thankfully, I haven't gotten one yet.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
nicecrew

nicecrew is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily I have not encountered a visitor message or PM that had spam but I will keep a look out.
Thanks
nicecrew

[SIZE="2"] Macbook ownwer (3,1) Macbook Pro owner Ipod nano owner HP Pavililion owner
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I always miss out on the spam...

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
jamesdean

jamesdean is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Too many macs!

Yeah the new xrumer is out, it can decode recaptcha.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdean View Post
Yeah the new xrumer is out, it can decode recaptcha.
Well, that explains a bit. We've been getting hit pretty hard recently, but thankfully bobtomay is far more crafty than the spammers and they get nuked before they finish registering.

We like to call him "The Spaminator".

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Hmmm, I seem to have got one of these today, though it's not promoting anything, it's someone who seems to think they know me!
Will PM details.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I got this today from a member with zero posts. Spam or just excessive enthusiasm?

"Beta testers wanted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Razormac,

I contact you since it seems like you are interested in apps/games.

Electrolux is soon about to launch an iPhone application called iVac. The purpose of the application is to challenge the users in a digital cleaning experience.

We would like to invite you to participate in the development by serving as a beta tester before the application goes live.

Would you be interested to serve as a test pilot and to get first hand information? Visit The Beta Family - iPhone app beta testing , a nice service for developers who would like to test their apps before releasing them in App Store. Simply sign in and add your device, you can connect with Facebook or just open an account for free!

By serving as a beta tester, you will have the chance to win a Ergorapido vacuum cleaner.

The application will be available in just a few days!

For any questions regarding the application or trial period, send an email to:
christian@prontocommunication.se, or call: +46 8 23 01 00 and ask for Christian.

We appreciate your commitment and involvement in this project!

Best regards,
Christian

Pronto on behalf of Electrolux"

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
I got this today from a member with zero posts. Spam or just excessive enthusiasm?

"Beta testers wanted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Razormac,

I contact you since it seems like you are interested in apps/games.

Electrolux is soon about to launch an iPhone application called iVac. The purpose of the application is to challenge the users in a digital cleaning experience.

We would like to invite you to participate in the development by serving as a beta tester before the application goes live.

Would you be interested to serve as a test pilot and to get first hand information? Visit The Beta Family - iPhone app beta testing , a nice service for developers who would like to test their apps before releasing them in App Store. Simply sign in and add your device, you can connect with Facebook or just open an account for free!

By serving as a beta tester, you will have the chance to win a Ergorapido vacuum cleaner.

The application will be available in just a few days!

For any questions regarding the application or trial period, send an email to:
christian@prontocommunication.se, or call: +46 8 23 01 00 and ask for Christian.

We appreciate your commitment and involvement in this project!

Best regards,
Christian

Pronto on behalf of Electrolux"
Username please? Definitely spam.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Hcpronto

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Add me to the list of people who got an "Electrolux" spam PM. Username: Hcpronto.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

All messages and the user are now history.

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
all messages and the user are now history.
+1

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Member of the Month - March 2011 | A little reorgnization »