New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

July 2009 Member of the Month Nominations

Thread Closed

cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Welcome, to the Member of the Month Awards. (MF:MotM)

It's time to start the nominations for the July 2009 Mac-Forums Member of the Month!

Rules:

-You CAN Nominate who ever you want. Please Do NOT Nominate yourself.
-You can nominate the same person as someone else, but It doesn't count.
-You do not have to nominate anyone.
-Moderators are not eligible.
-Nominations will be accepted for up to 3-4 days after the thread opens.
-Voting will last for approximately 2 days
-Nominating Opens on or around the first Friday of the month
-Only one winner. Ties will be broken by private moderator vote.
-Nominations do not guarantee you will be posted in the poll. (background checks will be run on all nominators and nominatees)
-Nominations without reasons will be ignored (you can add reasons at any time when the thread is open).
-Limited number of Nominations will be put on the poll, excess Nominations will be sorted through by magic.
-Nominations can be made in the Official Member of the Month Awards thread. (This thread)
-If there are too few nominations, the spaces will get filled by magic.
-If any member begs for votes or nominations, they risk being banned.

-All rules are subject to change at anytime for any reason by any moderator without any forewarning.

Choosing a Member to be Nominated:
-Member must be valuable to M-F
-You CAN nominate them just because you like them.
-Be honest and make the best choice for M-F!

Voting 101:
-Will be a Poll in this thread or one near it.
-Vote based on who you honestly believe is the most valuable member of the group.
-Vote for yourself, unless you think someone is better than you.

Winners:
-You get a beautiful M-F:MotM tag! (for 1 month)
-You are granted Listed Voice in the IRC chat! (if you already have voice... well, then you get nothing new)
-You get permission to put "I was on the M-F honor roll for month:month" (size=1 line #5)
-You get 5-10 reputation points added to your total.
-You're the M-F:MotM! Smile! :black:

Make your nominations below. Say the name and say why. But keep it simple and ON TOPIC. Please post in any other valid thread for your comments, all posts that are not nominations will be deleted.

Thread Closes on Friday, 7/3 @ 9:00am, Eastern Daylight Time. Nominations after that time will be ignored.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

harryb2448

Always seems to be a great help

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I'm going to nominate chscag (who I think I happen to have nominated in the past as well). He always provide useful advice in a courteous manner - a great asset to the community.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Well, we've got two so far. There's a lot of great members out there, anyone else?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I'll nominate BlueMac, always helpful and a great active member

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? ľ use the rep system
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Hard to find good members when the best ones have become moderators

June 2007
July 2009
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Thanks louishen. Appreciate it. It's been 5 months that I've been in the mix

I nominate Kash, because her is very helpful and gives useful information to many people's questions.

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

I second the nomination of Kash, he always helps everyone out.

And, since he's been extremely helpful lately, I'd like to nominate vansmith.

Chris K.
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

So far we have the following:

BlueMac
chscag
harryb2448
Kash
vansmith

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nominations

June 2007
July 2009
iPod Nano

Umm....rman, I think you forgot something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPod Nano View Post
I second the nomination of Kash, he always helps everyone out.

And, since he's been extremely helpful lately, I'd like to nominate vansmith.
No offense intended. Just a friendly reminder

Chris K.
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPod Nano View Post

Umm....rman, I think you forgot something!

No offense intended. Just a friendly reminder

Uhm no, Vansmith was too recently MOTM.

NEVER "Remind" rman about anything.

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMac View Post
Uhm no, Vansmith was too recently MOTM.
Indeed. I appreciate the recognition but it's time to let someone else enjoy the honour. Plus, there are quite a few great members lurking around...

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
iPod Nano

Oh. Sorry. I guess that was before my membership (as in just a few months ago)?

Chris K.
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I see I miss a nomination

Corrected

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Closed

« June 2009 Member of the Month Nominations | August 2009 Member of the Month Nominations »