New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

Post count display

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

We've decided that since post count is not something we place a lot of value on here to remove the post count display altogether. The mods and admins feel that having a post count showing tends to encourage more posts that aren't on-topic or as helpful as they can be, and that having the indication of time a member has been here is a sufficient way to show a member's activity.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Aw. I'd ind of like to kep track of how many thing's ive posted. But oh well. I think it's for a good reason. Doesn't bother me because you can still identify people fine and how they can help without post count.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

I kinda liked the post count
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Well, I guess, it's time to get out the pencil and paper, and get tallying.
QUOTE Thanks
Garrett

If you REALLY want to figure out how many posts you have, click name right above your Avatar, and select Find more posts by iWhat and it will tell you. For example, yours right now says Viewing 1-25 of 142

--Garrett
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I guess its cool, is something else replacing it, another field under the avatar perhaps, like 'favorite accessory/peripheral'?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett
If you REALLY want to figure out how many posts you have, click name right above your Avatar, and select Find more posts by iWhat and it will tell you. For example, yours right now says Viewing 1-25 of 142

--Garrett
that doesnt work, mine says 1-25 of 500, Im around 2100 posts.
QUOTE Thanks
Garrett

I stand corrected. The way vB is set up here, it must either cut off at a certain date, or only allow the past 500 to be viewed.

--Garrett

EDIT: This is what I though was going to happen.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

It feels weird not having the post count. Now, I have to treat everyone equal. j/k
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Yea, we weren't too keen on people making a big deal outa it, so it will be that way for now. We have not decided if were going to put anything under it.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

why didnt you treat everyone equal before? I kinda liked being able to see it so when someone posts, I can see theyre post count is 1, so thats their first post and I can welcome them and I know theyre not sure about what to expect.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Oh, I was only kidding, the "j/k" meant that I do and in the past treat everyone equal. Darn, I thought that that sentence would be construde in the wrong sense.
QUOTE Thanks
Garrett

I personally think its a good move. Usually when someone is new to a forum, they post and say that they are new. Look at it this way, now no one can be accused of being a post *****. I think it is also more welcoming to the newer people. A lot of times people get this mentality that they only way that they can be accepted in an online community is with a high post count. Just my 2 cents....again, I think I am up to 10 cents now.

--Garrett
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

We're trying to change the format of the date display so it says "Member for: x years, y months and z days" but no guarantees

That would help you with welcoming any newcomers.

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

whats a post *****? if some people post too much, there should be a limit on posts per day or week or something if its really that important not to post too much. are more experienced mac users supposed to say "I dont want to help too much, I better not post anymore today." again, I dont think that posts count, but if they didnt, it wouldnt say x-thousands of posts total on the mac-forums homepage. my 2 or so cents...
I like muso's idea of member for : x years, y months, etc. even currently, the date joined is only a month and year, no day.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lost Posts and Software Upgrade | Forum Rules Updated »