Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Specs:
    Pwnt
    Post count display
    We've decided that since post count is not something we place a lot of value on here to remove the post count display altogether. The mods and admins feel that having a post count showing tends to encourage more posts that aren't on-topic or as helpful as they can be, and that having the indication of time a member has been here is a sufficient way to show a member's activity.
    I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.

Aw. I'd ind of like to kep track of how many thing's ive posted. But oh well. I think it's for a good reason. Doesn't bother me because you can still identify people fine and how they can help without post count.

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    I kinda liked the post count

Specs:
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    Well, I guess, it's time to get out the pencil and paper, and get tallying.

Garrett
    If you REALLY want to figure out how many posts you have, click name right above your Avatar, and select Find more posts by iWhat and it will tell you. For example, yours right now says Viewing 1-25 of 142

--Garrett

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    I guess its cool, is something else replacing it, another field under the avatar perhaps, like 'favorite accessory/peripheral'?

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett
    If you REALLY want to figure out how many posts you have, click name right above your Avatar, and select Find more posts by iWhat and it will tell you. For example, yours right now says Viewing 1-25 of 142

--Garrett
    that doesnt work, mine says 1-25 of 500, Im around 2100 posts.

Garrett
    I stand corrected. The way vB is set up here, it must either cut off at a certain date, or only allow the past 500 to be viewed.

--Garrett

EDIT: This is what I though was going to happen.

Specs:
    It feels weird not having the post count. Now, I have to treat everyone equal. j/k

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    Yea, we weren't too keen on people making a big deal outa it, so it will be that way for now. We have not decided if were going to put anything under it.

Specs:
    why didnt you treat everyone equal before? I kinda liked being able to see it so when someone posts, I can see theyre post count is 1, so thats their first post and I can welcome them and I know theyre not sure about what to expect.

Specs:
    Oh, I was only kidding, the "j/k" meant that I do and in the past treat everyone equal. Darn, I thought that that sentence would be construde in the wrong sense.

Garrett
    I personally think its a good move. Usually when someone is new to a forum, they post and say that they are new. Look at it this way, now no one can be accused of being a post *****. I think it is also more welcoming to the newer people. A lot of times people get this mentality that they only way that they can be accepted in an online community is with a high post count. Just my 2 cents....again, I think I am up to 10 cents now.

--Garrett

Specs:
    Pwnt
    We're trying to change the format of the date display so it says "Member for: x years, y months and z days" but no guarantees

That would help you with welcoming any newcomers.
    I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.

Specs:
    whats a post *****? if some people post too much, there should be a limit on posts per day or week or something if its really that important not to post too much. are more experienced mac users supposed to say "I dont want to help too much, I better not post anymore today." again, I dont think that posts count, but if they didnt, it wouldnt say x-thousands of posts total on the mac-forums homepage. my 2 or so cents...
    I like muso's idea of member for : x years, y months, etc. even currently, the date joined is only a month and year, no day.

Thread Information