New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

New Premium Memberships

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

What ads? I thought everyone was using adblockers these days....
QUOTE Thanks
MsTran2010

MsTran2010 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information! I've been meaning to start this process myself so this is a big help.
QUOTE Thanks
donnaabreu

donnaabreu is on a distinguished road

im amazed by this idea. but i do hope that you will consider other modes of payment.

keep it up!
QUOTE Thanks
Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17", Happy iPhone 4 32 GB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
No, you don't. The forum rules are clear, and every member, even premium ones, will be held accountable to them. Suspended is a temporary situation, it takes alot to get permanently banned and I would hope someone who's paying to be a premium member wouldn't be the kind of person to continuously push the envelope like that.
That's easy for you to say this on paper (PC/Mac screen) but to truly follow it is another thing.

It is impossible to not hold some sort of favoritism towards some members on a PMB. I'm sure the other mods and you get into pissing matches, but do you give them "time outs?" I highly doubt it. It's part of working together and learning from each other, the same way as you can learn from the community.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Phil View Post
That's easy for you to say this on paper (PC/Mac screen) but to truly follow it is another thing.
Actually we do hold them to the same standards.

Quote:
It is impossible to not hold some sort of favoritism towards some members. I'm sure the other mods and you get into pissing matches, but do you give them "time outs?" I highly doubt it.
No, because we act like adults when we have disagreements and have open, productive discussions. People are chosen to be moderators for a reason, it's also why we keep our moderator ranks small and that helps ensure the highest level of quality in all the staff here.

People with a history of receiving infractions are not chosen to be moderators.

Quote:
It's part of working together and learning from each other, the same way as you can learn from the community.
I'm unsure of what this statement has to do with the rest of your statements.

I do find it curious that almost all your posts since joining here are just to take digs or complain about the way things are done here.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Phil View Post

It is impossible to not hold some sort of favoritism towards some members on a PMB. I'm sure the other mods and you get into pissing matches, but do you give them "time outs?" I highly doubt it. It's part of working together and learning from each other, the same way as you can learn from the community.
Actually they do hold them to the same standards. Problem is that people who pay their money often, for some inexplicable reason, expect some sort of special treatment. Silly folks thinking paying money should get them something.....

QUOTE Thanks
Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17", Happy iPhone 4 32 GB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
I do find it curious that almost all your posts since joining here are just to take digs or complain about the way things are done here.
I was having a rough week/time. I'm over that, and will be contributing to more discussions.

I apologize for being such a Thorn.
QUOTE Thanks
daveb

daveb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13", 2.4Ghz, 250HDD, 4Gb RAM, o/s 10.6.4 -:- iPod Touch, 32Gb, O/S 4.0.2 (used mostly as a PDA)

As a Mac convert of only 2.5 weeks (and counting) I can honestly say the you good folks here on mac-forums.com have made my transition from Windows a breeze. Although I've not posted much I've read lots and very useful indeed it has been .... thanks for that

I've learned more on mac-forums that all other sources of info put together so had no hesitation in going 'premium' .... more to support the community than anything else.

I've replaced my Laptop with a MacBook Pro, availed myself of an Apple offer to combine an iPod Touch alongside it (mostly to be used as a PDA) and, next year (when I get the hard earned spondoolas in place), I aim to replace my PC with an iMac desktop.

Just thought I'd say both "hello" & "thanks".

Stay happy, Dave B.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Hey, daveb - glad we could be of help and thanks for supporting M-F!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Mad_Man

Mad_Man is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display

Although I have been a Mac user since 2001, I recently acquired a new 17" MacBook Pro (utilized for work and pleasure) and am currently adjusting to Snow Leopard (coming from Tiger on a 15" PowerBook). I really don't join many open public forums but since my experiences over the years have been hit or miss on the (official?) Apple forum web pages, I thought I would search out a Mac forum that appealed to me.

So with that said, I am happy to contribute to such a forum that will hopefully enhance my experiences here, now and in the future. Thank you.

One day I will find the right words and they will be simple.- Jack Kerouac.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Welcome to the forum, one and all !!!

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Greetings and welcome. Enjoy your membership and visit often.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Gents,

Any chance of paying the membership fee with Visa or Amex ( WITHOUT using Paypal )
Asked the same question a year ago , maybe anything has changed in the mean time.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I'm seriously contemplating becoming a paid member here. But only if:

I don't get that little "I'm a premium member badge".
I don't get access to the special premium members forum.

In short I want to donate to the site because I can, and because I want to and for that warm fuzzy feeling inside telling me I did a good deed. I don't need a few carrots (or incentives) dangled infront of my face to tempt me one way or another. I know websites such as this have operating costs. But the poor who can't donate money should not feel like they are missing out on something special just cause they are poor.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Gents,

I have been wanting to pay the M-F membership and contribute, but ..... is it already possible to pay via Amex or Visa ?

Don't have PayPal, nor do I want it based on the Belgian conditions.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Member of the Month - May 2011 | New Badges and a new usergroup »