New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Any way to set up a virtual CD drive that I can burn to?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sickink2

sickink2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM | 24" iMac, 2.33 GHz, 3 GB RAM

I have a bunch of iTunes music that I'd like to be able to listen to on my computer at work. However, at my job they've blocked the iTunes store, so I can't authorize the songs for my work computer. I did some searching and found that the only way around this is to burn the songs to a CD and re-rip them, but I have quite a few and really don't want to waste that many CDs. I know OS X handles virtual drives and disk images really well, but is it possible to burn a "virtual" CD? That is, is there some program that will emulate a CD-R inserted into a virtual drive that I can burn data to? Or is there another way to get my iTunes songs to play on a computer that can't connect to the iTunes store?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I think Toast is your best bet.

Choose burn audio cd, select tracks and then under file > save as disc image

That should work, hang on -I'll test it

It works, open up Toast again and choose mount disc image under Utilities, it mounted my virtual CD and I could import the songs back in to iTunes
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Harmon Kardon Soundstick problems | burning/verifying »