New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Podcast "Chapters" in Garage band 08

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

illy5603

illy5603 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac

I recently started building practice podcasts with my new iMac and I am really have a good time using garageband to make the "dj" track and importing the songs into separate tracks for cross fading and the like. I also have the podcast track up and running where I am adding pictures and URL's and things. The only problem I am having is when the podcast is exported to the enhanced podcast format (.AAC4 I think) it treats every picture I place in the podcast track as a separate chapter even though I only specify the first picture as having an actual chapter marker. In garage band everything is working, it is just in iTunes that selecting "next Chapter" in controls moves to the part of the song where I inserted a new band photo in the ipod track.

I could always have just one photo per song (chapter) but I kind of wanted to do multiple photos with multiple URL's (official websites vs. myspace etc) during each song of the podcast. I just want the chapter controls to not be controlled by pictures but by the actual chapter markers.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
illy5603

Not that anyobody is paying attention to this thread but just so you know. What I am trying to do works great from my son's ipod nano, it is just iTunes that is skipping to the next picture instead of the chapter marker. The nano is using the chapter markers when you click forward, taking you to the next song in the podcast which is freaking sweet!
QUOTE Thanks
djames42

djames42 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP

I don't think there's a way to update the photo without creating a new chapter. I've not created chapters inside of Garageband, but I have used the command-line chapter tool (which requires the manual generation of an XML file containing information about embedded chapter name, photo and web link). All of the information is optional, except for the chapter number.

Of course the chapter photos seem to be ignored by the new classic iPods. I see the chapter name, but the album art remains fixed with whatever was embedded in the first chapter. I do hope Apple fixes this...
QUOTE Thanks
illy5603

Quote:
Originally Posted by djames42 View Post
I don't think there's a way to update the photo without creating a new chapter. I've not created chapters inside of Garageband, but I have used the command-line chapter tool (which requires the manual generation of an XML file containing information about embedded chapter name, photo and web link). All of the information is optional, except for the chapter number.

Of course the chapter photos seem to be ignored by the new classic iPods. I see the chapter name, but the album art remains fixed with whatever was embedded in the first chapter. I do hope Apple fixes this...
It is just weird they bother to give you the option to make the entries chapter markers or not. I mean, it works on the nano, so... Anyway, I think I am going to stick with one image per chapter to keep things simple.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Garageband question | Creating .CUE files »