New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Need Help Organizing Itunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zabumafu

Zabumafu is on a distinguished road

I need help to organize my itunes. I have manually been doing it for about 2 weeks but everyone knows that is very slow.

I have about 1000 songs and I had alot of burned cd's and such. I am trying to do the following:

I want the Song Name, Artist, Album, and Album art to be correct for each song.

I usually have to manually search for Song Name, Album, and Artist and then I can use a script to get Album art.

But is there any script or easier way to find song names or correct wrong ones?

I am trying to get my itunes ready for when my ipod touch comes in
QUOTE Thanks
ste6168

ste6168 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM

I use a program called mpfreaker... it works really well, i have a library of about 29000 songs and it doesnt miss a beat. Another way to do it, which would still take some time, would be to select all songs from one artist and put the artists name for all of them, then select all the songs on an album and put the album name, then do each song. mpfreaker would probably be a little faster though
QUOTE Thanks
Zabumafu

Zabumafu is on a distinguished road

is there anyone that is free?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best audio player for mac? | 2 sources to one pair of speakers »