New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Recording what you hear?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tkelly3

tkelly3 is on a distinguished road

I am new to OS and Mac as a whole. I basically purchased the Macpook Pro because my PC was running terribly slow and my pro tools has been much more fluid on the Macbook. However, I have noticed the downside to owning a Mac, I used to be able to record any sound that my computer played using the PC and Windows with a program called Sound Forge. I have heard that Sound Studio is the closest thing to Sound Forge on the Mac. But there is only two options for recording that I can see... 1. Record from built-in Mic or 2. Record from built-in line in... Neither of these options will allow me to 'record what I hear' if you will. Bottom line I would like to be able to record the audio from a DVD I am playing in my Macbook or from a website that I am surfing through on my Macbook, is this possible?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Rouge Amoeba: Audio Hijack Pro
QUOTE Thanks
tkelly3

tkelly3 is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot I am going to try the fully functional demo and see how the program works, it does look to solve the recording end of my query. What program would you suggest to edit and perhaps loop pieces of what I record?
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelly3 View Post
Thanks a lot I am going to try the fully functional demo and see how the program works, it does look to solve the recording end of my query. What program would you suggest to edit and perhaps loop pieces of what I record?
If your not that crazy aobut Hijack Pro take a loot at WireTap Pro, it will record anything that you hear and save it in many different formats.

As for a audio editing program take a look at Amadeus Pro, a very nice full featured editor that gaves you lots of functions.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Dre

Mac Dre is on a distinguished road

bringing this back so let you guys know i attempted a search. i am trying to record sounds playing from my itunes. on a pc, all i would have to do is set my recording selection to stereo mix which would record everything the audio card projects, even the sound of an error which you hear constantly in windows.

on my MBP there is the built in mic which does what i want in low quality, im looking for better quality then the built in mic.

can i just connect the stereo out (earphone plug) into the line in (mic plug) and record the line-in in GB?

is there a better program out there? beside the ones mentioned above? something like a wave editor and FREE? thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Itunes from PC to Mac? | Problem installing newest v. off itunes, so cant update new iPod »