New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Audio - Can't hear my voice through microphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jenny

Jenny is on a distinguished road

Hiee guys!

I'm my TASCAM (US-122L) to my IMac.
My Tascam

I am using it as my new soundcard.

The problem is when I hook the mic up to the TASCAM (or straight to the MAC) I cannot hear myself in my headphones.

Here are some screen prints:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

Everything Records fine, however, I can't hear myself in my headphones...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenny
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

It's because you have your audio output going back to the Tascam. You need to go to the menu from screen1 and select output as internal speakers to be able to hear what ever is input through the tascam to mac.

The way you have it setup now, you have to connect the speakers/headphones/whatever into the tascam device to get anything going to the output.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Jenny

Jenny is on a distinguished road

Hey Village...thanks for the response!

Call me an idiot more than you...what you wrote was hard to follow...can you please dumb-it-down for me? I'm not that versed in this stuff...if you can

Thanks,
JennyW
QUOTE Thanks
minigurl

minigurl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ

Hey JennyW, what he was trying to say is that you need to go into the Preferences screen (garageband>preferences if I recall correctly). Under audio options you'll need to have your input as the Tascam, and the Output as "Built-In Audio".

Also, when you are recording, you'll need to make sure that you have monitoring turned on. You can get to that by double clicking the audio track that you are working on, and on the right hand side make sure that Monitor is set to "on".

Hope that helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any Audio App like Foobar2000? | Pass through to speakers? »