New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Creative MP3 Player

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CodeSamurai

CodeSamurai has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD

Hello all. My fiancee recently switched to Mac :yinyang: but she has a Creative Zen MP3 player (I believe the old 30 GB model before the "sleek" model came out). To compliment her mac, I gave her my 30 GB iPod video and got myself a shuffle since I am a runner. Now she would like to get the music off of her old mp3 player and onto the iPod. I can handle the converting (if any, mostly mp3) but she needs to get the music off. Anyone have any tips? If this is illegal, please let me know. The last thing I want is for any of us to get in trouble. She will be deleting the music from her old MP3 player anyway though. Thanks!

Trent out

CodeSamurai | Facebook
Twitter >> Flickr
15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM
QUOTE Thanks
ibookclamman300

ibookclamman300 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM

well it would have been easier if she had made backup discs of her music collection before switching. I have often wondered the same thing in other situations. I don't think you can copy music FROM a device to a computer. Try hooking it up and go to the icon of the device that pops up on your desktop, then try to drag the files over, im not sure if it will work (probably won't). You might be able to do it that way. I would try on my ibook but Zunes aren't compatible. Good luck, keep me posted on the situation.

Mac: Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 120gb hdd, 1gb ram, black
iPod: iPod nano 2ng gen. 8gb, black
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Try this:

Copying songs from IPOD to desktop PC/Mac

I know its for iPod, but maybe it'll see the Zen as an external hard drive, you never know.
QUOTE Thanks
CodeSamurai

CodeSamurai has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD

No luck with the external hard drive thing. OS X doesn't even act like it's there. I'm thinking of using her roomates PC and copying the music from the player to her PC, and then connecting my fiancee's mac and her roomates PC via USB. Would this work? Anyone have any experience?

Trent out

CodeSamurai | Facebook
Twitter >> Flickr
15.4" 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 Macbook Pro w/ High-res antiglare screen and Nvidia 650m GT w/ 1GB VRAM
QUOTE Thanks
Cassifire

Cassifire has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeSamurai View Post
No luck with the external hard drive thing. OS X doesn't even act like it's there. I'm thinking of using her roomates PC and copying the music from the player to her PC, and then connecting my fiancee's mac and her roomates PC via USB. Would this work? Anyone have any experience?

Trent out

I tend to stick to File hosting services or Flash drives.

However, it might be better to just burn it all to a CD, then you can get the music off, and have a backup copy too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Speaker Recommendations | SOS with wma files »