New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

AIFF to MP3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

Okay, there was a similar thread to this, but when I add it to iTunes and do the "Convert to MP3" my song goes completely slow!

Basically I'm making a couple mixes from Soundtrack and it saves it as an AIF file but I want it into an MP3 file w/ out loss of quality.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

What do you mean by your song going completely slow? You mean it imports slowly, or the actual speed of the song slows down?

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
faketrout

mp3 = loss in quality my friend. if you can help it, keep your stuff in AIF.

I seem to recall a free aif->MP3 i downloaded from cnet that runs in OS9. When I get home I'll throw up a link, because that seemed to work fine for me.
QUOTE Thanks
GLJones

GLJones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook

iTunes will convert it for you to burn an MP3 cd.

Jerry
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso
What do you mean by your song going completely slow? You mean it imports slowly, or the actual speed of the song slows down?
The song itself slows down. Converting the song doesn't take that long.

I don't mind little loss in quality, I just want to be able to send over the internet, I mean, the thing nos is 118MB!!!! And it's only a 3.5min song!

Any help would be much apreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKaD
I mean, the thing nos is 118MB!!!! And it's only a 3.5min song!
Any help would be much apreciated!
That is way to big - I think the problem is in a missing compression step. Is there an Edit option you can use before the conversion to MP3?
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute

Check your options in preferences : importing : custom. What are the settings there?

I don't know how or why iTunes slows the song down... the tempo is actually slower?

QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

Yeah, it actually goes slower, it goes from 3.5min to 5.5min and the tempo is slower..

Maybe I'm not saving it right out of soundtrack?
QUOTE Thanks
muso

That's very weird... I have no idea why it's doing that. All I can suggest is check both the export options in soundtrack and the import options to make sure there's nothing weird. Import mp3s at a minimum of 192kbps if you want decent quality.

QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

I hate it set to 320, so the quality should be fine :-/

*sigh* I just don't know
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Try doing this with another song and see if yer having the same problems.

There should be no problem doing this as long as you've set yer import settings correctly. I've done this more times than I can count and have never had a problem.

At least try another song and see if it continues to the be problem; my guess is that you've just got a setting in itunes wrong.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Roland RD-30 Audio Interface Problem | Line In Sound problems »