New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Roland RD-30 Audio Interface Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GLJones

GLJones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook

I recently got a ROLAND RD-30 2-channel audio interface. It allows me to both input and output digital audio or Mic/Guitar using USB to an iBook.

The problem is, when I try to send audio from the RD-30 to the iBook there is lots of noise and the audio sounds 'phased'. I have tried using Reason, GarageBand and Peak with the same results.

Any ideas?

Jerry
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

typically when there's phase cancellation that means another microphone or something giving off a polar pattern is conflicting with the first mic..

Without knowing more info I'm kinda guessing here.

I have to assume your inputs are balanced, so that should be one thing to eliminate as a source of noise. You've got yer preamps up to the proper level, and the system isn't using trying to use a software preamp. (I'm kinda going by how I use an OO2 protools station)

What you should try if you can...if you could record some audio w/o being hooked up to the computer, then you could possibly figure out if it's a setting for the roland, or the software in the imac.

I wish I could be more helpful, i've just never used the roland system and I'd need to know more info before I could think up some other ideas.
QUOTE Thanks
GLJones

GLJones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook

Thanks,

I can monitor the audio in the Roland and it's clean. Even with nothing hooked up t the inputs of the Roland, I get noise into the laptop. I did actually get it to clear up for about 10 minutes yesterday but when I restarted the audio application, the noise came back.

I am wondering if the Roland is bad. It does the same thing on both the iBook and the Powerbook.

Jerry
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .distorted audio. | AIFF to MP3 »