New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

garageband help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gerpower

hello,

i want to monitor two real instruments on garageband so i can hear them being played as they are being recorded but unfortunately it only allows me hear one. i tried selecting monitor for both but ultimately i can only hear the track that is highlighted. if anyone could help at all it'd be much appreciated

ger
QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

djlee12 has a spectacular aura about

Have you checked apple's support site or the help program? Often these are both very usefull for problems like this.

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
www.wattsupproductions.com
QUOTE Thanks
logic_user99

logic_user99 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8

I'm not too au fait with the terminology used in GB. 'Real Instruments' means audio files, right

I'm not sure if GB allows monitoring of more than one recording source at the point of recording. This said, check that you don't have each source 'soloed' (the headphone icon) as this would limit your monitoring.

Do you have problems playing back multiple audio tracks?
QUOTE Thanks
minigurl

minigurl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ

I think that you can only monitor one at a time. What sort of instruments are you trying to record at the same time? I've recorded on two channels before (one a mic'd guitar, and the other with my guitar plugged into the pre-amp) but I think that it was only one that was monitored.
QUOTE Thanks
TSCarrot

TSCarrot is on a distinguished road

Are you only using the computer or do you have any external devices for instance a USB Mobil Pre (Very common)
If you have something like this and are recording 2 tracks and, duh, have monitor "on" you can hear both real instruments in your headphones. Let me know what exactly you are using/plugging in and I can try to help
QUOTE Thanks
mikebishop2

mikebishop2 is on a distinguished road

A simple but problematic twist to this is that when I first tried to enable a second track for recording while a first track was already enabled I would get the message "Cant Enable Track For Recording". This is sometimes the result of having the same input channel selected for both tracks. So first check that you have not selected the same input channel for the two. Also, in a very Mac way, I have to hold down shift to arm the second track when the first is already armed for input/recording. If I do not hold down the shift it will give you the not able to record error. I am NOT monitoring from the computer however, I am using an M-Audio MobilePre, so my setup may differ.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Creating podcast help.. | Making music sound better/louder beyond iTunes »