Specs:
    PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
    iTunes purchased music not working
    I purchased some songs last year and used them when making a slideshow DVD of my daughter...no problems. Have used a couple others for making shows of some sports without problems.

I dont use this often, and decided to make a DVD slideshow last night. Did not have a song I wanted to use for a couple shows so downloaded two new songs. Before I did this when opening iTunes it alerted me to a new version (7.01) so I let it update.

Now no songs that I have purchased will work when building a slideshow in iPhoto and sharing it to iDVD. I get a note about permissions, go to iTunes and put in my password...which then tells me I have the song on this and it is one of 5 computers I can authorize (only one computer that I use for this) however it will still not allow me to use the song for the reason I purchased it.

Any ideas on what went wrong in the iTunes upgrade?
    http://www.lightcafe.net

New servers, much faster than before

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    Ok this is going to sound weird, but what I did was I went to my ~/Library/iTunes/

And then removed all the iTunes Plug-ins and the Scripts and then restarted iTunes, then played a protected song.. it worked. So I then quit iTunes and put all of the plugins and scripts back in and restarted iTunes and everything works now.

Specs:
    PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
    Thank you Murlyn, will give that a try when I get home.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Make sure you've run software update as apple recently just updated the other ilife apps as well.

If it still doesn't work, try this hint to use iMovie to convert the protected aac file to aiff first:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...es%2Bprotected

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich
    Make sure you've run software update as apple recently just updated the other ilife apps as well.

If it still doesn't work, try this hint to use iMovie to convert the protected aac file to aiff first:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...es%2Bprotected
    Thanks, the other trick did not work...that one did. Why it does not work without going to that trouble is beyond me...what a pain.

Try deauthorizing all of your computers that play your purchased music, then reauthorizing them again one at a time. This solved the problem for me.
    DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
    www.wattsupproductions.com

Specs:
    MBA 2013 El Capitan
    Hi there - have tried hard but I can't find the /Library/iTunes to follow your advice to remove plugins etc. Can you give me some guidelines please?

Specs:
    Imac 27", i7 3.5GHz, 3TB Fusion drive, 32GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    Posts are ten years old Jack. Wonder how that beautiful boy turned out?

I you post your computer details, operating system and precisely what you need to do, I am sure someone will chime in.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    MBA 2013 El Capitan
    Hi Harry thx for this - but since I posted, I did find an iTunes plugin and a Scripts folder which I backed up and deleted - and have had an Apple chat line. ( This deletion made no difference ) Apparently the DRM overrides all these efforts so have to somehow find non DRM music to use.

Thread Information