New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Rack Unit ID

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jmunson@airemus

jmunson@airemus is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: PowerBook 17" 1.67 gHz, 2GB RAM 60GB ipod Video,iPod Shuffle, MacPro 2.33 5GB RAM,1.5TB 2x20" :o)

Hi Everyone!

I have a small problem of identifying a piece of equipment in the studio I work in.

I have enclosed some pictures, its an bay scsi rack unit that is linked to two Akai DR16 pro’s.

There’s no serial numbers or model numbers anywhere to be found on the unit.

If any one could shed some light on the make of this I would be a very happy man!!

Cheers

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00079.JPG (160.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00077.JPG (204.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00078.JPG (141.0 KB, 9 views)
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

don't exactly know, but I will get the thread started with some basic information.

It is NOT an apple product to my knowledge, I also believe i can rule out IBM or Dell...
It seams to be some kind of storage server with a large amount of hard drive space (mutliple drives) There is very small motherboard and I could not see any other kind of boards that would give away its exact function. So what I am thinking right now now it is some kind of storage device (something like and xserve raid)

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

Seems like a server rack mounted RAID maybe. Probably custom built by the looks.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninc
Seems like a server rack mounted RAID maybe. Probably custom built by the looks.
I would agree, looks like a custom built from over the counter parts.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
jmunson@airemus

Mac Specs: PowerBook 17" 1.67 gHz, 2GB RAM 60GB ipod Video,iPod Shuffle, MacPro 2.33 5GB RAM,1.5TB 2x20" :o)

Hey Guys Thanks,

Maybe a little more information would help,

It is a storage device linked to the Akai HDD 16 pros in the studio it was bought for extra storage.

Its linked via SCSI to the Akai's

Erm dont know much else about it

If this is of any more help??

Thanks for you comments so far!

James
QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

Who makes the two HD's in it?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninc
Who makes the two HD's in it?
They looked like Seagate to me, but the pic is kinda blurry.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
jmunson@airemus

Yes they are Seagate.

(sorry about the picture quailty was a very late night, lots of screws everywere trying to extract the audio we needed for a mix the next morning! and a phone camera!

Thanks for any more idears
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« wave to mp3 conversion losses | IDVD NTSC and PAL »