New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Crackling sound appears when recording in garageband

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

krishu

krishu is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I'm really going crazy over here!
I am using a EMU-usb 0404 audio device for recording. When i record any instrument or even vocals, i get a crackling random sound during the whole recording, as the device receives more audio info, the more these crackling sounds appear.
I know its a buffer problem, but I do not know how to access these settings inside garageband. I did it on my emu controls panel and set the sample rate as 44.1khz, same as in garageband. If i set my sample rate at another number, when i open garageband it drops down automatically to 44.1khz.

I am really trying to see where is the problem here, i guess its a buffer millisecond size. I use the same EMU device in windows 7 for cubase 5, and it works perfectly (over there i can access the buffer size of the device and set it to what i want, if i set a low size buffer, crackling appears of course, but as i increase buffer size, its goes off completely)

Any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

Chris,

PS: This is what I'm working with
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

Last edited by krishu; 06-24-2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: adding PS
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Logic Pro X on a 2009 Mac mini? | New Amps in GB 10.0.2? »