New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Need a good radio app

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Joshua_31

Joshua_31 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone recommend a good radio app? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
VictorBR

VictorBR is on a distinguished road

My favorite is myTuner. You can record stations, listen to podcasts and check the top 25 most sold songs per country + listen to sample. It just doesn't do one thing, so I would really recommend this one.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It depends on what you mean by "radio." VictorBR's suggestion of myTuner is a good one for listening to regular "on air" radio stations, but it doesn't seem to do "internet-only" broadcasters, which is what I prefer.

You may not be aware that iTunes itself offers hundreds of radio stations (traditional and internet-only) for free. On the latest versions of iTunes, this can be found under "Internet" category (and there's also the free iTunes Radio of course, where you can create a customized "channel" based on your own tastes). On older versions of iTunes, you'd see a "Radio" category.

I also am fond of Radium, a cheap menubar tuner. I can simply type in a genre of music or station I feel like listening to, and add it to my favourites. It's $10 for Mac, free for iOS 7, and syncs your favourites between them. Gorgeous looking, but also plays in the background flawlessly while you work.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I also am fond of Radium, a cheap menubar tuner.
+1. What I like about is that it also does the premium services (pay for services) such as Live 365 and Sirius FM.
QUOTE Thanks
KeswicKomputing

KeswicKomputing is on a distinguished road

I agree with chas_m it depends in what you mean. If you mean an internet radio service theres everything from 8tracks which is free to different types of pay services like soundclick. Do you want to listen to podcasts? iTunes is a great solution. If you mean a stand alone application for OS X i personally use snowtape 2.0 its one of the most complete radio apps ive ever come across.
QUOTE Thanks
KeswicKomputing

KeswicKomputing is on a distinguished road

^^^^^
i should explain it lets you record anything u listen to with the application and edit those recordings. It can send to iTunes ect, ect.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

There's also Radioline.
And iTunes with Radiolover.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
=E=

=E= is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini late 2012 2.6ghz i7 8gb ram Fusiondrive ; iMac (mid 2010)

I like Radium too, but mostly I just use the radio built into iTunes. There are many good radio stations on there if you take some time and dig around.
QUOTE Thanks
fezopolis

fezopolis is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini, OS 10.9.2, Intel i5, 8 gig DDR3

Spotify gives me the sounds I need and Pandora is also good. =E= is correct that you don't have to look too hard to find streamers and podcasts. Try the BBC, maybe.
QUOTE Thanks
southantrim3

southantrim3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21, MacBook Pro 13, iPad 2, iPhone 5, iPod.

To throw in my penny's worth - I'd suggest the "TuneIn Radio" app. Small charge of a couple of s but well worth it!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Maybe You Don't Care - Song Created With GarageBand (With vocals) | itunes: Burned CD's Won't Play On Other Devices/Systems »