New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Music!...Can't make it stop!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SSinclair

SSinclair is on a distinguished road

I could really use help here. I use downcast to listen to podcasts on my iPhone 5s in the car and elsewhere. Every time a podcast ends my music starts to play. Always the same song...Abacab by Genesis (old guy here). Obviously alphabetical order. I'm so sick of hearing the beginning of this song. If I delete it it's going to happen with the next song. I thought I could record a "song" with just silence but it won't upload to imatch from my mac. Any ideas?
My hope is to just have nothing play until I select another podcast. Don't want to delete all of the music from the phone either. Thoughts?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
SSinclair

SSinclair is on a distinguished road

bump...Really? Nothing with more than 1000 views? Bueller?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The "1000 views" you see are the combined views from not only our forum members but include search bots from Google and other search engines. So be patient and if someone knows or has an answer, they'll respond.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Also an unusual issue. Thus many folks viewing have not experienced the same problem...thus may not have a solution.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
nickyr

nickyr is a jewel in the roughnickyr is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2012 IMac 27", mid 2010 Macbook, OSX 10.9.5, iPhone 5, iPad 3, iOS 8, Apple TV 3, iPod Classic

assuming you are linking to your in car stereo via bluetooth?

what car is it?

I had a similar problem with Ford Sync where I couldn't stop music streaming from my iPhone.

what have the Roman's ever done for us?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Doesn anybody know? | Podcast questions »