how to copy movies to dvd
    Hello,

iv just had a lil un and have used up 3 external memory cards via my camcorder. Iv inserted the cards via the usb reader and copied them onto my machine.I also want to copy them onto a dvd just incase my computer ever goes pete tong.

Now, iv tried copy - past. dragging. and i cannot seem to get my head around how to copy the movies from my card/computer to my dvd (format is MP4) i can only seem to get the alias version.

ITS DOING MY HEAD INNNNNN!

cheers in advance boys and girls

Vinnie

(Maverics and running 10.9.1)

Specs:
    2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.12.latest
    In Finder, right click on the folder you copied the files into and select " Burn folder to disc "

Cheers ... McBie
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

cheers for the reply mate. i tried to drag my movies from the user - movies list into a folder on the desktop(thinking that it would just copy them) then when i tried to burn the folder (failed) i moved the folder to trash and deleted. THEN to my horror i realised iv deleted the bloody movies altogether!!!!

iv ran a data recovery software (freebie) that has located them but i now have to pay for the full version. is there any free data recovery software out there?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Pay for the program. Are these files valuable, or not?

cheers for the reply mate. not massively there just some videos iv taken of my baby and a few random ones. won't be the end of the world as i have loads of other footage.

how come there is free pc recovery programs but not mac?

what has happened to the simple way of doing things!!!! on my old naff ibook you could copy and paste and bum - copied images on dvdd/cds/ex hd ext ect

now I'm having issues even bloody copying images from my ipoto library onto a dvd to have as a back up. iv managed o copy on to my ex hd as a backup but after having an ex hd brake a few years ago and all my data lost I'm a bit sceptical now relying on that method alone. WHY o WHY has it all gone digital now, iCloud ect ect back up when all i want to do is copy a blooming image from one place to another! all i get is alias every single time!

I'm proper losing my rag now! why has the simple way of doing things turned so complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE help before i have a nervous brakedown

iv managed to copy the images into a folder on my desktop in the vain hope i could then do - burn folder- but when i do this nothing happens. i then insert a dvd and still nothing. when i then eject the dvd and move the folder of images to trash and empty a message then pops up -

'There are 135 items that can’t be burned because the original items can’t be found. skip the items and continue burning'

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP Linux Mint 18
    Are you wanting a playable DVD or just some backups?
    Either way check this: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/21992/burn
    One manís theology is another manís belly laugh.
    -Lazarus Long

Specs:
    L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
    Quote Originally Posted by cradom View Post
    Are you wanting a playable DVD or just some backups?
    Either way check this: https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/21992/burn
    I 2nd this..

While finder can burn stuff to disc. I find Burn app more informative and better suited.

Joe's Photo & Video Channel on YouTube
    Lightroom, Photoshop, FCP, Gear Reviews and more...
    ***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP Linux Mint 18
    Personally I use Toast but most people want 'free'.
    One manís theology is another manís belly laugh.
    -Lazarus Long

Thread Information