How can I get rid of feedback in Garageband?
    I am using Garageband 09' (version 5.1) with a M-Audio Firewire Solo. Whe I connect the microphone with an XLR cable, it works fine. However, when I connect the acoustic guitar (I'm using the Dean Markey transducer for my pickup), it's not very loud, and when I turn the volume up to get any decent volume, I am always getting some feedback. I've tried different patch cables but I'm still getting feedback. This is so frustrating. When I play with the recording level in Garageband, it doesn't change. It changes when I adjust the level on the Firewire Solo.

Anyone have suggestions as to how to fix it? The Firewire Solo is old....it's from 2006. So I wonder if that's the problem. But I wonder if I can solve this without needing to buy something new.

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP win 10
    You might need a pre-amp for the guitar. Is the Solo fully grounded and/or shielded? Looks like a plastic case in the pics on Google.
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

I don't know. how can i check? I do know when I put my hand on top of the Firewire Solo the noise goes away.

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP win 10
    Quote Originally Posted by oxband View Post
    I do know when I put my hand on top of the Firewire Solo the noise goes away.
    Bingo! Probably not fully shielded. Check the owners book or ask at the web site. See if there's anything you can do.
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

Thread Information