New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Vip file, hmo file hmp file

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stuartavfc72

stuartavfc72 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC I3, MACBOOKPRO,IPAD,IPHONE 5

Ok so back when we were PC we bought MAGIX sound lab to digitize our tapes and records and put them on a hard drive. We only got the hard-drive out lately to start listening to the music and now we cannot play them either on our imac3 or my mac book pro, we no longer have the magix box or disk and never put it in any of the macs.

I do not mind buying magix again but i just wanted to know or get advice on how i can convert these files into mp3 or wav files for use
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Those don't sound like standard sound formats, so conversion might not be simple. If that program is available for Mac, you might have to go that route to convert the files to a standard format so that you can play with any music software..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't think this is what you want to hear.
Alll three of those file types are the virtual project files created by the Magix Audio Cleaning Lab.
They are worthless without Magix ACL. Based on my understanding of their software, the project files require access to the original files in their "original location" as these formats only store the effects you want to have applied to the original files. Those files do not contain the original audio file.
In order to be saved, those must be exported from within ACL to a new file... wav, mp3, etc.

edit:
Little more reading, looks like the vip and hmo are the project files and the hmp is a Magix mp3 file.
That being the case, one of their Mac compatible apps may indeed play those.
Appears Magix does make their cleaning app for the Mac, you might want to head to their site and shoot them a pre-purchase email asking if the Mac version of the app will play those files and provide exporting to a common format.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Just for giggles, you might want to take one of those HMP files, make a copy and change the extension to MP3 and see if it will just play..

If the other files are filters/modifier and the HMP is the original MP3 file, you can at least get the music without the filters and then use some other program to alter the MP3 if you wish..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
stuartavfc72

stuartavfc72 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC I3, MACBOOKPRO,IPAD,IPHONE 5

I do remember when we did this all on an old PC before we went back to make, that after we had copied old tapes using magix, that we then had to make them in to wav or mp3 files, as i did a few just to listen to think best option contact magix, will update on dilema.

hope all is ok that was 88-2000 rave and club tapes at least 200-300 cassettes done
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Creating an alternate library with smaller files | is Ableton Live 9 compatible with Mavericks? (or there is something else?) »