Getting Itunes Purchases to Instantly Download to Iphone?
    Hey everyone,

I have an Iphone 4S, and I recently updated to the new IOS.

Before, when I purchased an album on Itunes it would automatically be downloaded to my phone without me having to connect to my computer or do anything on my phone at all, I would just purchase it on the computer, and the next time I used my phone I would just be in my music library.

However, that doesn't happen anymore and I'm not sure why. I can't recall when it started to not work anymore, but I don't think that IOS 7 had anything to do with it.

Do you guys know how I can enable this feature again? I know that I can always just download them to my phone manually from iCloud, but I really liked the automatic feature because the icloud download thing has screwed up my music sync in the past.

Thanks for any help!

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Turn on Automatic Downloads on your iPhone. Sounds like the upgrade somehow turned it off.

It's also possible that your iPhone is simply ... full!

Thanks for the reply! Oddly when I went into settings automatic downloads was turned on for Music and Apps already. The only one that was off was Updates, so I turned that on as well just to see what happens.

That said, I purchased an album yesterday and it didn't automatically download to my phone, so I'm sort of baffled. I can add it to my phone no problem by connecting to my computer, so I don't think memory is an issue. Unless maybe it wont download once you pass a threshold in terms of memory even if you are not completely full?

Thread Information