New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Getting Itunes Purchases to Instantly Download to Iphone?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GrimZ

GrimZ is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

I have an Iphone 4S, and I recently updated to the new IOS.

Before, when I purchased an album on Itunes it would automatically be downloaded to my phone without me having to connect to my computer or do anything on my phone at all, I would just purchase it on the computer, and the next time I used my phone I would just be in my music library.

However, that doesn't happen anymore and I'm not sure why. I can't recall when it started to not work anymore, but I don't think that IOS 7 had anything to do with it.

Do you guys know how I can enable this feature again? I know that I can always just download them to my phone manually from iCloud, but I really liked the automatic feature because the icloud download thing has screwed up my music sync in the past.

Thanks for any help!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Turn on Automatic Downloads on your iPhone. Sounds like the upgrade somehow turned it off.

It's also possible that your iPhone is simply ... full!
QUOTE Thanks
GrimZ

GrimZ is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply! Oddly when I went into settings automatic downloads was turned on for Music and Apps already. The only one that was off was Updates, so I turned that on as well just to see what happens.

That said, I purchased an album yesterday and it didn't automatically download to my phone, so I'm sort of baffled. I can add it to my phone no problem by connecting to my computer, so I don't think memory is an issue. Unless maybe it wont download once you pass a threshold in terms of memory even if you are not completely full?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook Pro Suddenly unable to handle Cubase 6 | Ipod Nano 3rd Gen deleted files recovery »