New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Member podcasts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I have no idea if anyone on this forum does a podcast other than me, but I thought I'd start a thread in which members could promote their own podcasts or mention when new episodes are available.

I do two completely different podcasts: the first one is entirely my own creation, and the second is a group effort.

My own podcast is Chas' Crusty Old Wave, the MP3 version of which is available on iTunes or from the website. It consists of episodes of my old radio show from my college days at WPRK in Orlando/Winter Park FL (still one of the coolest stations around, you can listen to them on the web and everything!) and occasional all-new episodes -- whenever I'm in Florida they ask me back to pal around with the current DJs.

It's generally a couple of hours of 80s music -- more the album cuts and obscure bands, but also plenty of hit tunes, ska and punk from that era, and occasionally 90s stuff that was catching our ears at the time. I'm working on making an M4A enhanced podcast version with album/single art and better audio as well!

The second podcast is all about Doctor Who, my favourite TV show. It's called The Happiness Patrol and is a group discussion show about whatever's currently going on with the show, sometimes with celebrity interviews and such. Runs about an hour generally, with weekly-ish episodes when the show is actually on critiquing each new episode.

All right, that's me done. What about the rest of you?
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I don't do a Podcast directly, but I do provide information maps for the podcast A History of English.

The History of English Podcast | The Spoken History of a Global Language

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I've thought about doing a podcast and this thread encourages to get off the stick . . . or I may just procrastinate some more.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
I've thought about doing a podcast and this thread encourages to get off the stick . . . or I may just procrastinate some more.
Same here. Can't think of something that isn't being done. Doubt anyone wants to hear what I have to say.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Same here. Can't think of something that isn't being done. Doubt anyone wants to hear what I have to say.
Heck . . . most of the time I don't even want to hear what I have to say.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
I don't do a Podcast directly, but I do provide information maps for the podcast A History of English.
Very cool. I will definitely check that out, as I love language stuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavingMac View Post
DO EEET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Given that you're a fount of Mac knowledge here, maybe a short Mac Tips type podcast would be good for you. Yes, there are others ... but it depends on whether you think you could do it better or not, or fill a niche that's not being served/underserved .
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post

Given that you're a fount of Mac knowledge here, maybe a short Mac Tips type podcast would be good for you. Yes, there are others ... but it depends on whether you think you could do it better or not, or fill a niche that's not being served/underserved .
Thanks for the compliment. I was part of the podcast team on another site for a short time. It can be a very time intensive task. I need to get better at getting more consistent good audio recordings.

QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

Yeah, investing in a decent mic is a must. I like Blue and their mics, I currently have a Snowball.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Yeah, investing in a decent mic is a must. I like Blue and their mics, I currently have a Snowball.
I had a couple of USB mice that seemed pretty good. In my case I think it is more a case of operator error. Idiot in the chair phenomenon so to speak. I've never liked the way my voice sounded when recorded but others seem to disagree.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't hear myself in headset mic on Macbook | Macbook Pro Suddenly unable to handle Cubase 6 »