New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Getting CD Cover on iTunes?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacLover2011

MacLover2011 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: i Mac OS X Lion

Is there a way for iTunes to download the correct CD cover that I let it import from a CD? Many of the CD covers are bare after I import them with my iMac.
QUOTE Thanks
illusionist123

illusionist123 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'm new to mac and in Windows I have so many options... I was searching the web and all the programs are old and don't work anymore.

So... how the hell do I get something simpler to get the covers that iTunes cannot get? I will not go to the web, download jpg, then go to the album and use that jpg...

Any ideas?
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), dual 23" Samsung LED Displays

Sometimes iTunes messes up on the covers. Its pretty good if its a big name or common album. But some older stuff and or music not hugely popular can have a low res or no cover at all. But never fear, if you can google an image up or any image. You can choose the album cover in iTunes by selecting the album or the songs and then Right Click and choose Get Info, from there it will ask if you want to edit multiple tracks, choose "Yes". Now double click in the white square under Artwork and the locate the image you want and then press Open. Make sure you have the CheckBox next to the Artwork clicked and then choose OK. Thats it..

I tend to have this issue with my Bjork albums, mostly the rare single stuff or alternate albums of hers. Also strangely enough one of my Beastie Boys albums doesn't show up and a few of some Dance/Techno albums don't show up or show crazy artwork not related to the album. All of these a purchased the past 12 or 15 years.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
illusionist123

illusionist123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodist View Post
Sometimes iTunes messes up on the covers. Its pretty good if its a big name or common album. But some older stuff and or music not hugely popular can have a low res or no cover at all. But never fear, if you can google an image up or any image. You can choose the album cover in iTunes by selecting the album or the songs and then Right Click and choose Get Info, from there it will ask if you want to edit multiple tracks, choose "Yes". Now double click in the white square under Artwork and the locate the image you want and then press Open. Make sure you have the CheckBox next to the Artwork clicked and then choose OK. Thats it..

I tend to have this issue with my Bjork albums, mostly the rare single stuff or alternate albums of hers. Also strangely enough one of my Beastie Boys albums doesn't show up and a few of some Dance/Techno albums don't show up or show crazy artwork not related to the album. All of these a purchased the past 12 or 15 years.
I'm trying to avoid the manual work.. on Windows foobar2000 has a right click and get from freedb or somewhere else. There must be a way to do it.. even if it is a 5$ program. I saw some crazy 50$ programs, no way.
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really niceExodist is just really nice
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), dual 23" Samsung LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionist123 View Post
I'm trying to avoid the manual work.. on Windows foobar2000 has a right click and get from freedb or somewhere else. There must be a way to do it.. even if it is a 5$ program. I saw some crazy 50$ programs, no way.
Well to be honest, unless you got 1000 albums. You will spend more time looking for a cheap program to do it, then you just doing it yourself. It sounds like a lot of work, but in reality it only takes about 10sec. But to each their own.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 upgrades for music production | Playing MIDI files »