New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

ordered to play

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hotrod351

hotrod351 is on a distinguished road

i use my flash drive to play music on my truck stereo. problem is i havent found a way to set the order i want to listen to them. i see that it will put the newest songs to the end but there are two new songs that i put on that wont switch places. the one i want to play first always plays second. i even put the one i wanted to play last in the trash and ejected the flash drive and reloaded it put it puts it in front of the one i want to play second. ay thoughts on this.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

They're probably being ordered up alphabetically rather than the sequence you placed them in. What I do is place a number in front of the song I wish to have play first and so on...

Example:

1Oh Happy Day
2Rag Time Gang
3Always Be Mine

Not a very elegant way to do it but it works (for me at least).
QUOTE Thanks
hotrod351

it not doing it alphabetically. if i have 50 songs on it and a week later i add 5, it will but the five at the end of the 50. i can try putting a number in front and see what happens.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Thinking again about what you wrote in your first post.... it may in fact be the way the songs are being copied to the flash drive. In other words, the order in which they're copied from iTunes to the flash drive. Give the numbering a try but in your case I'm not so sure that will work. You may have to erase the flash drive and copy them again in the order you want them to play.
QUOTE Thanks
hotrod351

i tried that. removed the song i wanted to have play second and trashed it. unplugged the flash drive and plugged it into my stereo. then plugged it back into my computer and added the song back, still it put it in front of the song i wanted to play last. isnt going to hurt to give the number placement a try.
QUOTE Thanks
hotrod351

well i checked to see what these two songs had, one had 05 and the other had 333, they still played at the end of the songs i had installed, i think the flash drive automatically puts all new song at the end no matter what number they have, but i changed the number on the one with 05 to 334, and that did it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Itunes Match question | Annoying Issue With Itunes »