New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Stream iTunes to BluRay player?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

romatech

romatech is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM

Is there a way I can stream my iTunes music on my 2012 Mac Mini to my Blu-Ray player? My Blu-Ray player is WiFi enabled.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Check out AirFoil for Mac. I use it and does a great job. It gives you a 15 day trial, like it and buy it.. Then if you do look in the iTunes App Store for Remotes and ways to control it from iPhone if you have one. Great App couldn't do without it as you can select multiple Speakers.

HTH

Cheers

EDIT : The remote your looking for that works perfectly is called Reemote for AirFoil. I have mine on my iPad but you do need the Reemote Sever App on your Mac to run it, but its flawless.

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I had not thought of that. It looks like they have made significant improvements to it since the last time I read the capabilities. Wonder if it will work with the crappy Samsung player I have.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
romatech

romatech is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM

My Blu-Ray player is DLNA-enabled. I have installed TVMOBiLi on my Mac Mini and my Blu-Ray player can see my Mac as a DLNA server. I can see all my iTunes songs and playlists. Some songs play fine (e.g. MP3 and iTunes-purchased songs). However, most of my songs in iTunes are CD rips in Apple lossless format. These don't play properly via my Blu-Ray player - all I get is white noise. Hence, I think it's an issue with the software.

I'm not sure AirFoil will work with my Blu-Ray player but i'll give it a try.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romatech View Post
However, most of my songs in iTunes are CD rips in Apple lossless format. These don't play properly via my Blu-Ray player - all I get is white noise. Hence, I think it's an issue with the software.
Nope. It's an issue with the format. ALAC is a great format for lossless music, but it's not compatible with a whole lot of external gear -- the same way most DVD players can't play MKV files natively.

You'll have to check with the spec page of the blu-ray model you have to determine what -- if any -- lossless formats the player supports.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by romatech View Post
My Blu-Ray player is DLNA-enabled. I have installed TVMOBiLi on my Mac Mini and my Blu-Ray player can see my Mac as a DLNA server. I can see all my iTunes songs and playlists. Some songs play fine (e.g. MP3 and iTunes-purchased songs). However, most of my songs in iTunes are CD rips in Apple lossless format. These don't play properly via my Blu-Ray player - all I get is white noise. Hence, I think it's an issue with the software.

I'm not sure AirFoil will work with my Blu-Ray player but i'll give it a try.
Thanks for the suggestion> tried this program to stream to my Samsung Blu Ray player. At first I thought the program wasn't working. I finally tracked the problem a problem where the browser page did not show all buttons till I adjusted the font size a bit.

Unfortunately my Samsung player is recognizing many of my files but not playing most of them. Even mp3s. I think the problem is my player though.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to export MIDI in GarageBand '11 | Transfer music from iPhone to (my first) Mac »