New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Software for audio journaling?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

enebro

enebro is on a distinguished road

I want to start an audio journal for my twin toddler boys. The idea is, since they can't write, they can each make their own audio recording at the end of the day to chronicle their strange toddler thoughts. My mom did something similar for me when I was a kid, but she wrote it on my behalf in an actual paper journal. I don't have time for that sort of thing!

I would love a recommendation for, perhaps, an iphone app? My priority is ease of use. My second priority is that in the end, it's not dependent on the software that created it. I want these journal entries to "last" well into the future.

I see that there are a lot of journaling apps out there - but they seem to be primarily aimed at folks who will be writing, not recording audio. And not knowing much about digital audio files, it is unclear to me which app will give me the most flexibility in the future for re-use, file conversions, etc.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Serwan

Serwan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: rMBP 13'' (3 GHZ i7, 8GB)

my mum did the same as your mum did.. I think Evernote is a nice app but it requires subscription.. as I understand from you, iPhones stock voice recording app is great so far for your need.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I second that. Give that app a try. The files move into iTunes easily and could be moved to other software later as needed.

t's a simple program to use. Initially your little ones may need minimal supervision. If so, it won't be long before they can work on their own.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The Voice Memo app on the iPhone stores its file in standard audio formats, so presuming you back them up you're good to go into the future.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Audiobooks from CD | stream MacBookPro audio to a PC? »