New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

NI Massive features

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bard1234

bard1234 is on a distinguished road

So, I have recently started using NI's massive, and I'm having some issues with certain features which I can't get to work:

1. Glide: I can't seem to work out how to make notes bend into each other - I turned the glide time up (in OSC section) and set it to have only one voice (top left). I'd like to have a noise which, when the next note is struck, slides up/down to it, without another attack.

2. Sidechain modulation: So I've been trying to make a synth sound in which, for long notes, the filter cutoff gradually moves further up and down as the note progresses, and thought the best way to achieve this is a sine-wave LFO, sidechained with a sawtooth LFO set to roughly the length of the note, both LFOs on retrigger. However, having turned the sidechain on, the sawtooth seems to have no effect on the sine wave amplitude. I then tried (seemed sensible) controlling the sine wave AMP with the sawtooth, again to no effect.

I think I've followed the manual to the letter - but I feel like I must be doing something really stupid, like a couple of on/off parameters I've forgotten, but I've checked it a good few times and can't understand what I'm missing.
QUOTE Thanks
bard1234

bard1234 is on a distinguished road

And, I worked the sidechain thing out - forgot to turn the dash under the modulation box for cutoff by sine wave into an arrow. oops. Still, help with glide would be great.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing Cubase AI4 on MacBook Pro | iMac Sunflower G4 »