New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Multiple Mac products - how to change some to new Mac account

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

garryco

garryco is on a distinguished road

My wife and I have the following:
Her - Mac notebook, Iphone 4s and Ipad 2.Also a ipod mini
Me - Mac notebook and iphone5 and old version iPod

When we started with Macs we created an account for iTunes but now with different tastes in music etc I am trying to find a way to
1. Create an account (easily enough done) that allows me to move my notebook etc to my account and leave my wifes as they are.
2. Find out what might be the ramifications of doing this? Would it mean that stuff already on my Mac and iPhone (some of which loaded onto my phone when I went into itunes store using our current address) be lost?

I also have an ipod that says that if I try to transfer the existing music will delete everything on my iPod. Is there some way I can transfer my ipod music to my iPhone but retain it on my iPod?

We are both in our late 60's so not too IT savvy but reasonable capable but be gentle with us so we can follow your explanations.

Thanks

Garry (& Jan)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

There's nothing wrong with having a separate Apple ID (account) for you and the wife. Music and other things that have already been purchased with the single account will not be lost.

Quote:
I also have an ipod that says that if I try to transfer the existing music will delete everything on my iPod. Is there some way I can transfer my ipod music to my iPhone but retain it on my iPod?
Is the music which is on your iPod also in your iTunes library? If it is, just sync your iPhone with iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
garryco

garryco is on a distinguished road

Not at the moment. When I hooked it uop to the laptop it indicated it would wipe it all from the iPod. Now I have my own Mac laptop I can probably do that and then reload it from the iTunes onto my iPhone. Ipod has become obsolete I guess.

Thanks again for your very helpful replies

Garry
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« GarageBand and the Arrange Track | itunes shuffling »