Question Mac not sorting right?
    Hey guys!

I have mountain lion on my mbp. My car's head unit has a USB plug and I put my music into a thumb stick and in the plug. Whenever I put new songs into the thumb stick (and sorted through iTunes by name), my radio's search function doesn't recognize it as being sorted by name. I format the stick everytime I put music on it. the format is FAT. This has never happened to me while I had windows. What is going on?

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The name you see in iTunes (you didn't say if you have it sorted by song title but I'm guessing that's the case) and the actual name of the file are usually two very different things.

Your thumb drive and the radio are "dumb" devices and see the contents only by alphanumerical order base on the file name. On Windows I imagine you were looking at the actual file names.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    The name you see in iTunes (you didn't say if you have it sorted by song title but I'm guessing that's the case) and the actual name of the file are usually two very different things.

Your thumb drive and the radio are "dumb" devices and see the contents only by alphanumerical order base on the file name. On Windows I imagine you were looking at the actual file names.
    The file names are the same names as the title. I have OCD and would like the file names the way I want, thus making everything neatly named. Same goes for the track titles.

I think I found the solution though. This is the first time I tried "Pathfinder" and it seems to have worked. I think it was on Finder's end. I did try sorting the folder in the thumb drive by name on list view.

Thread Information