New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Garageband - Creating a SLUR and a LOOP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cowasaki

cowasaki is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.

Hello,

I'm using garageband with a number of string instruments (violin, viola & cello) plus midi keyboard, IO dock and Beringer USB mic.

I want to input some music and use this as a "practice track" so I can practice the violin whilst the cello isn't there. I've worked out how to input the music onto the score and can play it via a software instrument or via midi but I cannot work out how to add slurred sections or ties. I've created ties by accident and deleted them to recreate them as untied but I still cannot work out how to actually do it on purpose. I am using GB to change the key that the music was created in too and it does pretty much everything I need without resorting to Sibileous or Logic Pro so sorting this final thing will be a great help......

Oh and one other little thing.... In order to create a place to stick my notes I have to create a blank "loop". I cannot work out how to do this so end up having to hit record then press a couple of notes to create a loop then delete the notes. How do I just create a loop that is blank?

Thanks

Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Syncing ipod with itunes without losing tracks on my ipod | Faint crackling static in KRK Monitors »