New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Logic studio 9 compatibility

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lammy12

Lammy12 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I was wondering If logic studio 9 is compatible with lion 10.7.4. If not, should I upgrade? I've read some forums about how others had trouble running it on 10.7.4 but was never really sure.

I have NOT installed logic studio 9 yet. Would I have trouble installing it on 10.7.4?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Ive been using Logic Express 9 with Lion for a while, plus, Logic Pro is being sold on the Mac App Store with the requirements as 10.6 or later, so yes it should be compatible.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
Lammy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
Ive been using Logic Express 9 with Lion for a while, plus, Logic Pro is being sold on the Mac App Store with the requirements as 10.6 or later, so yes it should be compatible.
Yes, but I bought the CD version an was concerned if logic pro 9 (version 9.0.0) will install on lion 10.7.4. I understand I can get an update on apple support, but will the mac even recognize the logic pro 9 CD?
QUOTE Thanks
Adric

Adric is a jewel in the roughAdric is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD

I can't imagine why it wouldn't recognize the CD. Once it has been installed and you go to open the program (if it's logic 9.0.0), it will give you a message saying "this version of Logic is not compatible on this operating system" or something like that. Don't worry. Just run software update and it will update Logic to 9.1.8 (the latest version) which opens and runs flawlessly.

I'm ready to start hearing some news about Logic Pro X. They've been keeping us waiting for forever it seems like! Apple said it has big things in the pipeline for its pro customers for 2013 (a new Mac Pro has been confiemed) so here's hoping Logic X is part of that deal!
QUOTE Thanks
Lammy12

Awesome! I've just been hearing so many problems with apple and compatibility issues.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes albums with more than one artist singing | recording dj mixes »