New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Bass and more of it!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hipgrncln

Hipgrncln is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac air,iPad mini,ipods

Wondering if earbuds or headphones give the listener more bass? I never thought of myself as a bass head but feel my Sures are lacking some in this ares.

Bob j
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

If you post the model of yor Shure's then we can better answer your bass needs
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Beats tours are bass heavy. Actually all beats tend to be bass heavy.

Try these - highly rated even by head fi and only $6
For only $6.04 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones | EarPhones
Monoprice 8320 IEM Reviews
QUOTE Thanks
Adric

Adric is a jewel in the roughAdric is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD

If you have no problem with full-on headphones, then it's hard to beat the Sony MDR-7506 studio monitors. These things are still considered some of the best headphones money can buy in the professional audio field and for only $100 they're a cut above the rest and easily affordable for pros and consumers alike. I use them all the time when mixing for headphones and I know a lot of other people in the professional market who use them too from recording studios to audio field technicians.

They really can punch it on the bass (but it's not overblown and exaggerated - it's an accurate representation of the mix) while still preserving crisp and detailed highs. It's funny b/c I've listened to consumer headphones that were in the $600 range that still didn't sound as good as these. (Please note - I'm distinguishing consumer headphones from professional headphones)

I usually don't suggest these to consumers because... well let's face it, they're not that stylish and the cord is really long but in if you're considering headphones anyway over earbuds, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Amazon.com: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone: Electronics
QUOTE Thanks
Hipgrncln

I have a pr of SE 315-CL Sure's as well as a pr of Apple earbuds

Bob J
QUOTE Thanks
Lightcraftsman

Lightcraftsman is a jewel in the roughLightcraftsman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I'm a bit of a weirdo who likes to listen to music *as it was recorded* rather than artificially enhanced, so when I'm looking for serious headphones I want them to be as flat (sonically) and wide (tonally) as possible. Adding bass RUINS music, so I would say to stay FAR away from Beats.
+1

If the Shure CL-315s don't do it for you then try the Sony MDR-7506 headphones adric recommended. If you find those lacking in bass you should reread what chas_m said and adjust your listening habits.

"It's got to come from the heart, if you want it to work."
Guy Clark

Light Craftsman website
QUOTE Thanks
Hipgrncln

Thanks for the headphone suggestion. Will purchase a pair soon. Also would be interested in a pr of higher end earbuds that fit a little more traditionally as I have some difficulty getting the Sures in properly. Often times for a quick listen I need to have a pair that can go in and out easily and fast. Any suggestions?

Bob j
QUOTE Thanks
ecarter202

ecarter202 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 Mini 2.5 i5, 2009 13" MBP 2.26 C2D

Digging my Sennheiser 558's. They have recently been replaced with the 598's, but still have a fantastic sound. Run for ~250.00, super comfortable, and a cord long enough to use as a rope.

The German's surely know how to engineer!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes. removing music and starting over... | spotify and airport ? »