Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Music, Audio, and Podcasting (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/music-audio-podcasting/)
-   -   Bass and more of it! (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/music-audio-podcasting/291276-bass-more.html)

Hipgrncln 12-13-2012 07:43 PM

Bass and more of it!

Wondering if earbuds or headphones give the listener more bass? I never thought of myself as a bass head but feel my Sures are lacking some in this ares.

Bob j

osxx 12-13-2012 08:57 PM

If you post the model of yor Shure's then we can better answer your bass needs

IvanLasston 12-13-2012 09:04 PM

Beats tours are bass heavy. Actually all beats tend to be bass heavy.

Try these - highly rated even by head fi and only $6
For only $6.04 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones | EarPhones
Monoprice 8320 IEM Reviews

Adric 12-13-2012 09:51 PM

If you have no problem with full-on headphones, then it's hard to beat the Sony MDR-7506 studio monitors. These things are still considered some of the best headphones money can buy in the professional audio field and for only $100 they're a cut above the rest and easily affordable for pros and consumers alike. I use them all the time when mixing for headphones and I know a lot of other people in the professional market who use them too from recording studios to audio field technicians.

They really can punch it on the bass (but it's not overblown and exaggerated - it's an accurate representation of the mix) while still preserving crisp and detailed highs. It's funny b/c I've listened to consumer headphones that were in the $600 range that still didn't sound as good as these. (Please note - I'm distinguishing consumer headphones from professional headphones)

I usually don't suggest these to consumers because... well let's face it, they're not that stylish and the cord is really long but in if you're considering headphones anyway over earbuds, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Amazon.com: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone: Electronics

chas_m 12-14-2012 03:54 AM

I'm a bit of a weirdo who likes to listen to music *as it was recorded* rather than artificially enhanced, so when I'm looking for serious headphones I want them to be as flat (sonically) and wide (tonally) as possible. Adding bass RUINS music, so I would say to stay FAR away from Beats.

Hipgrncln 12-14-2012 04:13 AM

I have a pr of SE 315-CL Sure's as well as a pr of Apple earbuds

Bob J

Lightcraftsman 12-14-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chas_m (Post 1478380)
I'm a bit of a weirdo who likes to listen to music *as it was recorded* rather than artificially enhanced, so when I'm looking for serious headphones I want them to be as flat (sonically) and wide (tonally) as possible. Adding bass RUINS music, so I would say to stay FAR away from Beats.

+1

If the Shure CL-315s don't do it for you then try the Sony MDR-7506 headphones adric recommended. If you find those lacking in bass you should reread what chas_m said and adjust your listening habits. O:)

Hipgrncln 12-15-2012 07:32 AM

Thanks for the headphone suggestion. Will purchase a pair soon. Also would be interested in a pr of higher end earbuds that fit a little more traditionally as I have some difficulty getting the Sures in properly. Often times for a quick listen I need to have a pair that can go in and out easily and fast. Any suggestions?

Bob j

ecarter202 12-15-2012 01:53 PM

Digging my Sennheiser 558's. They have recently been replaced with the 598's, but still have a fantastic sound. Run for ~250.00, super comfortable, and a cord long enough to use as a rope.

The German's surely know how to engineer!!