New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Itunes 11 poor audio quality

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sledge

sledge is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I've just upgraded to itunes 11 and since doing so all my music is suffering from poor audio quality on playback. There is a fading effect like a vibrato on a guitar amp or like an old am radio in the evening.

What could be causing this and is there anything I can do to fix it??

I've never had any problems with previous itunes versions, and I'm not doing anything different.

All songs are stored on the local internal hard drive of my mabook, 2.1ghz intel core duo, 4gb ram osx 10.6.8

Wish I hadn't upgraded now! it was fine before...
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Are you connected to external speakers?

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? Ė use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
sledge

Hi, I'm using focusrite saffire firewire audio interface into an external amp & speakers.

Would this make a difference?

Thanks for your reply
QUOTE Thanks
Lightcraftsman

Lightcraftsman is a jewel in the roughLightcraftsman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13-inch 2009 MacBook Pro, 2011 iMac 21.5-inch 2.5GHz, 16GB iPad 2, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5

That could make a difference. I have an M-Audio USB DAC connected to my Mac Mini and have had no problems with iTunes 11. If you have some headphones test the sound with those. If the problem is in iTunes you'll probably hear it through headphones too. If headphone output sounds fine I'd contact the audio interface manufacturer.

"It's got to come from the heart, if you want it to work."
Guy Clark

Light Craftsman website
QUOTE Thanks
sledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightcraftsman View Post
That could make a difference. I have an M-Audion USB DAC connected to my Mac Mini and have had no problems with iTunes 11. If you have some headphones test the sound with those. If the problem is in iTunes you'll probably hear it through headphones too. If headphone output sounds fine I'd contact the audio interface manufacturer.
Thanks for the reply, I've checked with headphones and the fault is still there. It's not the audio interface, I've been using it for 3 years and had no problems, also audio from logic and you tube plays fine, its just itunes 11 that has the problem which leads me to suspect that the issue is with the upgrade from 10.7 to 11.
QUOTE Thanks
Lightcraftsman

Lightcraftsman is a jewel in the roughLightcraftsman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13-inch 2009 MacBook Pro, 2011 iMac 21.5-inch 2.5GHz, 16GB iPad 2, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5

Try deleting iTunes and reinstalling. If that doesn't work reinstall the older version from your backup.

"It's got to come from the heart, if you want it to work."
Guy Clark

Light Craftsman website
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes 11 HELP!!!! | iTunes. removing music and starting over... »