Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Music, Audio, and Podcasting (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/music-audio-podcasting/)
-   -   iTunes 11 Missing Cover Flow (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/music-audio-podcasting/290357-itunes-11-missing-cover-flow.html)

docx 11-30-2012 05:39 AM

iTunes 11 Missing Cover Flow

Does anybody else feel that the omission of Cover Flow from iTunes 11 is a big mistake.
It looked great on my 27 inch iMac. I'm missing it already.

pendlewitch 11-30-2012 11:05 AM

I know what you mean. I've updated just now. I'm not sure whether it's a big mistake though.

I decided to unsync all the music on my iPhone and rip some CD's into iTunes just to get a feel for what it's like and it's radical, dare I say simpler.

The latest version seems to have much less of a 'list' feel to it and I'm finding the drop-down view of a selected album's contents very stylish and easy on the eye.

osxx 11-30-2012 12:08 PM

That is currently the one thing I miss and hope more people feel the same so Apple will bring it back .

Exodist 11-30-2012 01:32 PM

I kinda miss the rounded edges on the album covers. I know silly huh..

mockney 11-30-2012 10:04 PM

I am gutted that the coverflow has been removed. very unhappy.

I am also finding things much more difficult if I want to add artwork to an album?. I dont use the auto function normally I get the cover from say Amazon and copy it directly in iTunes. Before you used to have a window to drag it into now the only way I can see is by using the control button get info and add artwork that way. Much much more hassle. Any Ideas on this??.

I also dont like that you cant see how big your music library is, before it was displayed at the bottom, now i cant see it.

Some positives, but for me the loss of coverflow is very disappointing.

Exodist 11-30-2012 10:15 PM

As far as Album covers are concerned. Clicking on the said album and then right clicking on it you can choose "Get Info" and it will select all the track in that album. You can then change the displayed album cover like before. Also clicking on the album cover and then File menu at the top list Get Info as well. Hope that helps.

- Joe

Hipgrncln 12-04-2012 04:35 PM

Anyone know how to sign in to the ITunes store in 11 ? I want to get album artwork and it directs me to go to the store and sign in. I go to the store...my email appears so am I signed in....not. I still cannot get it!

Bob J

osxx 12-04-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hipgrncln (Post 1475498)
Anyone know how to sign in to the ITunes store in 11 ? I want to get album artwork and it directs me to go to the store and sign in. I go to the store...my email appears so am I signed in....not. I still cannot get it!

Bob J

Did you create an iTunes account ?

Hipgrncln 12-04-2012 04:42 PM

Already had one. Clicked on my email address and can now sign in. Went to file or edit drop down menu and then library and get artwork. Going slowly but its seems to be getting it all.

Bob J

chas_m 12-05-2012 06:31 AM

According to Walt Mossberg of the WSJ, Apple found that few people were using the Cover Flow option. Send feedback to the iTunes team, perhaps they will change their mind and restore it.