New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

How do I reverse songs?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Excalibur32

Excalibur32 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5

Is there any way that I can reverse a song and save the reversed version? I'm new at music composition (as you can tell), so any advice would help me. Also, I have garageband and quicktime pro, if that helps. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

I do not know how to save a song backwards but I do know how to play it backwards. You open the song in quicktime select loop forwards and back then click the play marker near the end and hit play. It will play to the end and then start going backwards. And yes some songs have secret messages like Empty Spaces by Pink Floyd and Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. Brittany Spears has a rather interesting secret message in one of her songs

QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

which one is it? i want to know

QUOTE Thanks
thelox714

thelox714 is on a distinguished road

if you can play it backwards then you may be able to use audio hijack to record that?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Also in QuickTime you can go to A/V Controls and play it in reverse

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Time for my favourite audio trick.

1) Get an optical lead and plug your output into your input.
2) Play whatever you like from iTunes or Quick Time or from a streaming website etc.
3) Record it using GarageBand.

Simple innit!

You have to fiddle with the settings for audio in order to send output to the optical port rather than internal speaker and also tell GarageBand via its settings to input from optical port.

This trick works well with the optical ports because they are isolated and noise free, I'm not sure that the same trick would work connecting the headphone socket to microphone socket, in fact I would not suggest trying it unless you really know what you are doing.

I have used this trick to record soundtracks from DVD's into GarageBand for editing and for making my own "podcasts" from web radio stations.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
twotone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen-Moses
Time for my favourite audio trick.

1) Get an optical lead and plug your output into your input.
2) Play whatever you like from iTunes or Quick Time or from a streaming website etc.
3) Record it using GarageBand.

Simple innit!

Amen-Moses
......interesting idea.
Sure no harm?
QUOTE Thanks
Amen-Moses

Location: The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
Amen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really niceAmen-Moses is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotone
......interesting idea.
Sure no harm?
No and logically there can't be as the optical signal out is a set level of light perfectly matched to the optical in so it is also zero-noise.

Having built in digital optical sound processing was one of the big selling points that persuaded me to get the PowerMac in the first place at the time (2 years ago now) Apple were the only off the shelf systems to include it.

Amen-Moses
QUOTE Thanks
_humfy

_humfy will become famous soon enough

Why not just import your audio file into SOUND STUDIO.

Select it, go to Filter and select Backwards...

...job's a good'n!

Wiretap: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/25421

will also record anything you're playing on your mac into an aiff file.
QUOTE Thanks
Jake

Here's some freeware worth checking out:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15063
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Surround Sound | Copying/Duplicating CDs »