New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

The "Unofficial" Mac-Forums Guitar Thread!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Ok - so since I played hooky from work today to take care of a Dr's appt and a few other misc things - I thought I'd grab my camera real quick and snap a few pics of some of the things in the basement. Note - everything I post is in my house currently - not posting anything I used to own.

A Wolfgang Archtop.

A Wolfgang Arch with a custom paint job - metallic flames. I also gave it a professional refret - so it has jumbo frets on it. None of the Wolfies come that way.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

My first Wolfgang - an Amber flame hard tail - still plays like 'butta'.

A Phil Collen Custom Jackson - only 25 of these made as I understand it. Really a nice guitar - pretty heavy though - but the sustainer is fun to play with.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

A Peavey HP Special - Amber Flame

A Peavey HP Special Archtop - Cherry Flame
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

An Ernie Ball Music Man - Petrucci - in the Mystic Dream finish. This one actually gets a little play time since it sits next to the couch and I'll noodle on it now and then when I'm watching TV just so I can tell myself that someday I might play again.

An Ibanez JPM Picasso - really a great playing guitar but the neck was too thin for me - so this thing has maybe an hour of playing time on it since I've owned it - which has been for probably 10 years or more now.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Here are a few Amps. I may still have some in storage - we put most of our belongings in a POD about 3.5 yrs ago when we had put a contract on another house. Unfortunately that happened to coincide with the bottom dropping out of the housing market - so we're still stuck here - and I've never wanted to come to terms with that by bringing all of our stuff back out of storage.

Marshall JVM and Bogner Ecstasy 101b

Hughes and Kettner Triamp MK II - Just a great amp that I can't bring myself to sell even though I never play. Looks cool on stage too.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

This is a Bray modded Plexi - the head shell actually came apart one day when I lifted it and I just haven't bothered to put a new one on - although I have one for it. It's purple and looks sweet.

In the year before I quite playing I had a Diezel, Splawn, Cameron Modded Plexi and a couple of others but I did manage to get myself to sell those.

TC Electronic G-System.

I have hordes of other misc gear - some that I probably have forgotten about - practice amps, boutique effects pedals etc. In fact in the background there you can see a power soak that I bought to use with the Cameron Plexi - just to try to tame the volume a bit.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

A Bogner cube - great little cabinet. I also have 2 2x12 Bogner cabinets - I just forgot to take pics of those.

An EVH 5150 III Halfstack. The grill is off because I was experimenting with different tubes once upon a time.

I used to own the 5150II half stack when I was in college - sold that and FeDex managed to somehow lose the 4 x 12 cabinet in shipping. How in the world do you lose a 4 x 12 cabinet???
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

A Taylor 614 CE - I also have a Washburn something or another - but didn't feel like taking a pic.

Here's the guitar case graveyard underneath the basement steps.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Thus endeth, for now at least, my contribution to the 'Unofficial Guitar Thread'. Let's get some more posts in here - I always love looking at guitar related gear.
QUOTE Thanks
Chuckoir

Chuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the roughChuckoir is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb

WOW, Brian. That is some serious gear you have there! No wonder you have a basement, you need it just to store all those cases!

I'm loving those Wolfgangs! Fancy swapping a couple for the SG? The Peavey HP Special looks like it's got a bust string... You could send it my way and I could take a look at it for you?!... Can't guarantee that you'd ever see it again though!

I've always wanted a proper tube amp. My little VOX has a pseudo-tube in it, but it's just not the same. I keep walking into the local shop with the intention of trying out a few amps, but just keep getting drawn towards the guitars... I don't know why, I can only play one at a time!

Razor - That's one of the best looking compacts I've seen! Not usually a fan, but the colour of that one really does the trick.

I'll post a better pic of the SG, along with the acoustics, at the weekend when I get home because the crappy camera phone pic in my original post doesn't do it any justice.

As Brian said... Keep 'em coming!

Play the guitar?! Check out the [newly created]Mac-Forums guitar thread!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Thus endeth, for now at least, my contribution to the 'Unofficial Guitar Thread'. Let's get some more posts in here - I always love looking at guitar related gear.
Actually, I think we have a serious contender for the title King Packrat, albeit of musical rather than computer equipment.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckoir View Post
Razor - That's one of the best looking compacts I've seen! Not usually a fan, but the colour of that one really does the trick.
Thanks,
As Brian said, it is a Traveler (EG-1 if I remember correctly). I got it for sitting in my recliner. There is just no comfortable way to play a full sized acoustic while relaxing in a La-Z Boy.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Thanks,
As Brian said, it is a Traveler (EG-1 if I remember correctly). I got it for sitting in my recliner. There is just no comfortable way to play a full sized acoustic while relaxing in a La-Z Boy.
True true - which is why I have an electric sitting next to the couch. That way back in the day - I could still noodle/practice - unplugged and still watch TV and only mildly annoy the wife.

Quote:
Actually, I think we have a serious contender for the title King Packrat, albeit of musical rather than computer equipment.
Hmmmm....maybe - but any guitarist knows that one guitar just isn't enough. The one good thing is - just about everyone of those guitars and amps has increased in value.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

That Amber flame is a sweet looking axe.
I'll trade ya my Ibanez for it.

And you've already put up a pic of the Taylor for me.
Except mine's the baby brother - 414 CE.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
That Amber flame is a sweet looking axe.
I'll trade ya my Ibanez for it.
Haha - no sale, I'm not sure Ibanez makes a guitar that I truly like. Plus, I'll probably never part with that particular guitar.

The more observant readers will note a common trait across all of my guitars - anyone??
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes Library file locked | Audible - Amazon - Whispersync »