New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Itunes keeps asking for authorization....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

David&karen

David&karen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 24" march 2008 model

Hi everyone. I blew the motherboard in my early 2008 24" imac with snow leopard last week, so I bought a mac mini server to replace it. I had a time machine back up, but the new mac would not recognize it during the boot, so I used migration assistant to move the files/apps/music/etc. I have most things sorted except this one: Itunes keeps popping up "this song/movie is not authorized on this computer, do you want to authorize it?" Then I put in my code and it says the mac is already authorized, refuses to play that tune/movie, and if I click on that item again it repeats. Now, for Itunes downloads in the last year or so they play fine, but ones from earlier do not, and they all played fine on the old mac. I googled everything I could including deauthorizing all computers, and then authorizing the new one, dumping the sd(I think it's called that) file, etc. No joy. and the account name that keeps popping up is the same one I always had, but I have changes the password a few times over the years. Now I do have an appointment for Apple to call me tomorrow, but I thought I would ask here if anyone has any ideas. Oh, the last mac had a different admin name, and I did log in under that and authorize it also, no go.

David
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

I had this exact same problem and did get a fix for it. Give me time ill go look for it. In mean time, it was fixed by bobtomay Staff if he drops in.

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Found it.

2. Make sure you have a 'Shared' folder inside your 'Users' folder - and make sure it has 'Read & Write' permissions across the board. iTunes will not work without that folder.

From this thread. Hope that helps

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
David&karen

David&karen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 24" march 2008 model

I do and it does, that did not work either. This is really frustrating. Thanks for the idea!

David
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Logic Pro issue | Garageband changed output levels »