what happened to all the airplay speakers?
    When apple announced airplay, the biggest thing for me was the availability of speakers with airplay built in. Apple promised that several companies were already working on systems to sell, but it's been well over half a year, and there's nary an airplay system to be found. They didn't even release any for the Christmas shopping season right after the big announcement, something that I can only believe wasn't originally intended.

So where are all the airplay speakers? I already have some computer speakers hooked up to an airport express.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecg■eow View Post
    When apple announced airplay, the biggest thing for me was the availability of speakers with airplay built in. Apple promised that several companies were already working on systems to sell, but it's been well over half a year, and there's nary an airplay system to be found. They didn't even release any for the Christmas shopping season right after the big announcement, something that I can only believe wasn't originally intended.

So where are all the airplay speakers? I already have some computer speakers hooked up to an airport express.
    Actually there are quite a few.
    AirPlay Speakers | Everything AirPlay

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

wow, all these are really expensive. I'm better off getting another airport express and using speakers around the house. I could probably get fairly decent computer speakers and it wouldn't run me over $150 for both the speakers and AE, but I don't think I've seen an airplay device for under $200. That's kind of disheartening :-(

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    iHome, JBL, Denon ... the list goes on and on ... you just haven't been looking very hard.

Thread Information