New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Summary of all the Audio Apps available for OSX

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

josh11

josh11 is on a distinguished road

wow! nice post rob, how can i download sibelius 6 ?
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

click on buy/upgrade

Sibelius 6 - music notation software

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all

An addition as suggested by Slydude:

(System Audio Recording/Podcasting)

Amadeus Pro

Amadeus Pro - Audio editor / sound and voice recorder for MacOS X

Audio Editor. Similar to Audacity. Noticeable features: Batch Audio Processing, Crack/Hiss removal, multitrack editing.

Price: $40 (Single User)

An addition to Misc:

Audio Finder

Iced Audio - AudioFinder

an advanced sample library & playback tool. Allows easier access to all your samples, playback via MIDI keyboard on the fly (unlike built in browsers included in Logic and Pro Tools etc.)

Price: $69.95

(would love it if a kind moderator would insert these into the earlier posts for me! )

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
QUOTE Thanks
Okiepoke

Okiepoke is on a distinguished road

What is the best software to change the pitch of an audio track for less than $100? I have used Audacity, but believe there is some distortion. I have looked at and read reviews on Amadeus (Pro and Light), SongSurgeon, Fission, and Wavepad for Mac, but haven't been able to find good information as to their effectiveness in changing pitch.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiepoke View Post
What is the best software to change the pitch of an audio track for less than $100? I have used Audacity, but believe there is some distortion. I have looked at and read reviews on Amadeus (Pro and Light), SongSurgeon, Fission, and Wavepad for Mac, but haven't been able to find good information as to their effectiveness in changing pitch.
You are generally gonna get distortion like that if you are changing pitches - though if you want a really good one, Logic has a pretty good pitch shift tool, and also ReCycle.

QUOTE Thanks
RaysMac

RaysMac is on a distinguished road

The only two software DAW's to consider if your seriously into audio for Mac. All the other’s are ok but not for the professional user.

MOTU.com - Welcome to MOTU Audio

Avid | Home

Last edited by bobtomay; 08-14-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: removed "all" bold
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Member Bands | Proper format for older car player CD »