daw & control surface for imac
    I'm giving up on my Tascam FW-1082 & Cubase LE package which worked fine on the old 2.16G imac but I can't get to run on the new quad-core. If someone can tell me what makes the new imacs happy I'll just capitulate and buy that. I haven't been without a studio in 20 years and would like to get over this hurdle asap.
    thanx

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Have you been to the site to download the latest drivers for your gear?

if not: Apogee have some kind of deal with apple, and most of their stuff is "guaranteed" to work.

i like digidesign (or Avid, as they are now called) hardware. theyve just brought out a new range which is top notch.

also, M-Audio are supposed to be quite good. have you tried installing cubase? any error messages?
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Cubase install freezes when loading the VST inputs. I have Final Cut Studio so Soundtrack Pro will hold me 'til I decide what to do. Been thinking of ProTools for awhile. I know its ubiquitous and may be a safe road to hoe.

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Pro Tools for the win.

try hitting cmd + L during the install, give me the log error for the install.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

"installid-4966"

i get the "installed successfully" message but the application won't actually open. It freezes upon reaching the "load VST Multitrack" message. I installed cubase successfully on my old machine three years ago but I just migrated everything to the new machine last week. I think cubase may be seeing this as a second computer for which an installation may be prohibited. Thoughts?
    thanks for your input by the way.

Specs:
    Custom PC
    Try contacting Steinburg about the authorization.

I know with Ableton, when trying to install it on my new computer, I "ran out" of authorizations during the authorization process, it came up with a field that basically sends an email to them with a reason for needing more authorizations.

Almost the next day, they sent me a reply saying I have 2 more. I just told them I changed hardware (i bought a custom PC that killed my old G4 in raw power).

If you have a legit COA for the software, taking a picture and sending them proof you own it may also help if your reasoning doesn't suffice, or they're a bit tougher on their policies (I've never used Cubase, so I'm not familiar with their customer support).

Furthermore, in terms of hardware, I've always been a fan of M-Audio. I used to have an Axiom49 that I used to control my software synths, act as a drum controller/sequencer, and could adjust parameters within my DAW. I'm also currently using an M-Audio firewire interface for my recordings (just simple home-stuff, nothing major yet).

Thread Information