New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Firewire Solo Setup help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hess II

I am a beginner when it comes to audio, and I am trying to setup my new firewire solo in conjuction with Garageband. I am trying to get a little help in this area, as the instructions that come with Firewire are sparse at best.

Setup:

* I installed the drivers and did the proper shut down
* I am getting a signal from my guitar through the interface to my mac.

however:

- I am not hearing anything in my headphones (plugged into the interface or the computer)
- I am not getting any signal in Garageband, only on the interface screen.

Any advice on setup would be great.
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

Have you already chosen the Firewire solo from within system preferences?

If not, go to system preferences, click sound, select input, and select the Firewire solo for your input. (Oh and do this for your output as well, that way the sound will be going out to the firewire not to your computer)

If you already have, how about have you changed the input preferences in garageband? go to the garageband preferences and check to see that your input is coming from the firewire.

HTH,
EY

PowerBook G4. iLove it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes Importing Advice... | Converting Audio on a DVD »