New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

Editing mp3's on mac = issues on pc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AUDiOZOMBiE

AUDiOZOMBiE is on a distinguished road

On my PC Desktop, I edit mp3's I download in Adobe Audition 1.5. I convert them to .Wave files because that is preferred for the systems I use at the Radio station I work at. I have had zero issues with sample rates etc...

Now the recent problem I had was I began using Adobe Audition 4.0 on my new MacBook Pro 13" and have downloaded music and edited. I have saved as(without changing any settings - bit rate etc...) and when I transferred those wave files to my Desktop PC, they were distorted in Winamp. I tried Windows Media Player and they played fine. (It is known that Winamp has had issues with these sample rates in the past). Anyways, I began to think that maybe these particular group of files would not be compatible with the TLC-Scott Studios System at the Radio.

So what I had to do at the Radio was, I grab those files which were Wave PCM - 44100 Hz Stereo 32-bit - Uncompressed 32-BIT Floating Point (IEEE) and convert the sample type to 16 bit. That was the only way I could enter these files into the computer systems.

Now what I am wondering is - If I download an mp3 on my PC and edit it(check for swears etc...) and save as wave pcm(without adjusting any settings);

then I do the exact same thing on my Mac...

Why are there issues with the wav files i transfer from my Mac files to my PC?

I do the same exact thing to convert the mp3 to wav, I click file, save as... and select Wave PCM.

Now I'm hesitant to to anymore work with my mac until I get these issues resolved. Is the solution me saving-as on my mac... and under the sample type settings, change it to 16 bit? or do I select 'same as source'?

I just don't understand why these issues would even exist if I am working with the same exact files and programs.

Please help me out,

C
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting turntable, Mac mini, speakers | USB/Midi question »