New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Music, Audio, and Podcasting Do you use your Mac to create music? This is the place for discussions on creating and editing music on the Mac!

CUE/BIN Roxio Toast 10 Titanium

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

c1ph3rtxt

c1ph3rtxt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Snow Leopard 10.6 iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 4 GB, Hitachi HDT721 640GB

I am backing up my audio cd collection using XLD to FLAC format. I have included a CUE sheet with all rips.

After decoding the FLAC files to WAV so that they can be burned using Roxio Toast 10 Titanium to copy it tells me I need an associated BIN file so that it can burn. Does anyone know what application to use to create a BIN file of an audio CD and will it be compatible with the CUE sheet created by XLD?

"The Question is not how far. The question is, Do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith to go as far as needed?"
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Yes you can do it in Toast.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
c1ph3rtxt

Mac Specs: Snow Leopard 10.6 iMac 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 4 GB, Hitachi HDT721 640GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Yes you can do it in Toast.
Ok...just gotta figure out how

"The Question is not how far. The question is, Do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith to go as far as needed?"
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

If I have time I will post on how, but I will have to re-educate myself by trying, as I haven't done it in a long while.
I know the option is in the finder menu though.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
c1ph3rtxt

Quote:
If I have time I will post on how, but I will have to re-educate myself by trying, as I haven't done it in a long while.
I know the option is in the finder menu though.
Is this what I'm looking for to create the bin? I've done it but it creates almost a 500MB file! It does create both a CUE and a BIN file.

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Correct, and yes, a FLAC rip will be anything up to that size, it is lossless after all.

QUOTE Thanks
c1ph3rtxt

Quote:
Correct, and yes, a FLAC rip will be anything up to that size, it is lossless after all.
So when I created the BIN it matched the exact quality on the original disc? Sorry I know these questions might be basic but this is my first time experimenting with BIN files

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

BIN is just a compressed file. The actual music files aren't affected by the BIN part, that's all down to the software you made the WAV with.

QUOTE Thanks
c1ph3rtxt

Quote:
BIN is just a compressed file. The actual music files aren't affected by the BIN part, that's all down to the software you made the WAV with.
Weird thing is when I created the BIN/CUE it allowed me to burn as audio without ripping the tracks as FLAC or WAV,

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Direct from the CD? Yes it will because Toast creates and exact copy of the original, full size, hence the large file sizes you encountered then. It's using it's disc copy function.
I assumed you had created a FLAC/WAV version in a folder and were making a BIN/CUE from that.

QUOTE Thanks
c1ph3rtxt

Quote:
Direct from the CD? Yes it will because Toast creates and exact copy of the original, full size, hence the large file sizes you encountered then. It's using it's disc copy function.
I assumed you had created a FLAC/WAV version in a folder and were making a BIN/CUE from that.
My original intention was to encode with FLAC and create a CUE/BIN from the FLAC files. So I guess I'm asking once I encode using XLD how do I create the BIN?

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Drag the files into Toast, and then select the BIN option from the menu as before.

QUOTE Thanks
c1ph3rtxt

When I import the FLAC files into the audio cd to create it there's a 2 second gap for each track. I am able to save to BIN/CUE. In doing this does this make the 2 second gap the pre-gap in the CUE sheet?

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Yes. You can reduce it down to 0.5 seconds if you so wish.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Garage band | Audio Editing With Mac, What App? »